Concept E Magnesium

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
justgopen
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Concept E Magnesium

Post by justgopen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Matt, interested in picking up a new lightweight Mg reel and now that your Concept E is out I definitely want to consider it. I do fish in brackish water and there is a chance that I might use it for some light inshore fishing. I see that it has a protection layer, your Ocean Armor Finish. Is this coating just on the outside of the reel or the inner plates as well? Was wondering if there was the same corrosion protection in the areas where the brackish/saltwater seep into after a day of use? Thanks.

Hope to see a review of this reel on TT soon!

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Concept E Magnesium

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Justgopen,

Yes, the entire frame and sideplates are protected. Our headquarters is in Tampa FL...so you can be assured that we have abused these reels in saltwater. We have submerged them and fished, re-submerged and fished over a period of testing of about 7 months. Additionally they have been tested n Louisiana on countless redfish.... The Concept E will more than impress you with its incredible castability, lightness, drag, and all round performance. This reel has been our "field test" favorite since day 1.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 am

13Fishing wrote:Justgopen,

Yes, the entire frame and sideplates are protected. Our headquarters is in Tampa FL...so you can be assured that we have abused these reels in saltwater. We have submerged them and fished, re-submerged and fished over a period of testing of about 7 months. Additionally they have been tested n Louisiana on countless redfish.... The Concept E will more than impress you with its incredible castability, lightness, drag, and all round performance. This reel has been our "field test" favorite since day 1.
Cool is Ocean Armor an alloying or a substrate like chromate conversion? I've treated steez reels to do the same but an alloying process would be awesome.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 am

Martin,

I am sorry we cannot divulge proprietary information....all we can say is that it works. You guys fish hard in Australia, they have been tested extremely well by our Aussie distributor the highly respected Nomad Sportfishing team. Give them a call for a testimonial.

13 Fishing

Cool is Ocean Armor an alloying or a substrate like chromate conversion? I've treated steez reels to do the same but an alloying process would be awesome.

justgopen
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by justgopen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:21 pm

13Fishing wrote:Justgopen,

Thanks very much for the answer, exactly what I hoped for. Going to order one from Tackle Warehouse tonight. :D

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Let us know what you think when you get your Concept E. Would love to see a few photos of you fishing with it!

Matt
13 Fishing

Thanks very much for the answer, exactly what I hoped for. Going to order one from Tackle Warehouse tonight. :D[/quote]