13 Fishing is thrilled to join Tackle Tour!

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 13 Fishing is thrilled to join Tackle Tour!

Post by JWR075 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:22 am

13Fishing wrote:Afrayedknot,

I think you may get exactly what you are wishing for under your Christmas tree this year.

Matt
13 Fishing

Afrayedknot wrote:
13Fishing wrote:JWR,

We will show a few sneak peaks when we can...

Matt
13 Fishing
I would love to see an ultralight or light casting rod in the omen series for the BFS guys. Also, a glass or composite cranking rod in the omen series would be nice.
Can we get a shallow spool for the Concept casting reel to go along with this BFS rod?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:40 pm

I think we have much more to come. Expect some spool options late this summer.

Matt
13 Fishing

Can we get a shallow spool for the Concept casting reel to go along with this BFS rod?

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:28 am

As always you guys keep surprising us in a good way. Keep up the good work.

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Matt-

Does 13fishing have plans for us lefties, regarding your new concept casting reels?
I'm eager to try the Envy rod, but I'm on the fence about the recoil guides. How do these compare to say a KR/SIC guide, performance wise?

BTW, I love my Omen. it's a shame my other arrived broken from TW and wasn't able to be replaced due to back order .
Any updates on the 7'1" medium casting rods?

Thanks,
Jeff

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:55 am

H8R wrote:Matt-

Does 13fishing have plans for us lefties, regarding your new concept casting reels?
I'm eager to try the Envy rod, but I'm on the fence about the recoil guides. How do these compare to say a KR/SIC guide, performance wise?

BTW, I love my Omen. it's a shame my other arrived broken from TW and wasn't able to be replaced due to back order .

Thanks,
Jeff
From 13 Fishing "Lefties are enthusiastically contacting us asking when will we have LH models available. We are currently engineering a tooling the LH model(s) and we should have them available in early 2015." As for the recoils vs SIC, I think recoils have improved with the new PVD coating and I have had no issues with the ones on my rods. Some do not like the noise that is caused with braid, but does not bother me.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 am

Jeff,

Thanks for the note. Yes, we will be coming out with LH Concept reels. Check out the other thread in this forum about the details.

I personally love recoil guides, you will find people that either hate them or love them...especially on Tackle Tour. In my personal use I can say that I think a SIC component casts further(this would cause massive debate, but the rod and lure variables etc... would make it very difficult to prove), but the Recoil component will beat virtually any known guide in durability. They are flexible so you wont have any broken guides no matter how many times you jam them in and out of the truck, house, or rod lockers. The detractors will pile on and talk about some casting noise coming from the largest guides on their spinning tackle, but I think that is a bit of a silly complaint when you weigh in the positives of durability, strength, and lightness of the components. If you are really wanting a Envy with different components you can try to purchase a Envy from Australia and it will have Kigan Z components.

Demand for our products is incredible right now, I apologize for the shortage of rods in the model you are after. We have one of the top selling rods in the country(Omen) and the spring push has exceeded anything we could have predicted. We will get them back in a few weeks and fill the supply chain.

Matt
13 Fishing

H8R wrote:Matt-

Thanks,
Jeff