Certate (Blue) Line Roller

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Ong Jim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Certate (Blue) Line Roller

Post by Ong Jim » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:03 am

I have 4 of the Blue Certate: 2 - 2000, 3000, and a 4000. I have brought all of them, the 2000s twice, in to a Daiwa factory authorized repair shop to replace the line roller assembly. Reason I brought them in is because the line roller have a bad rust sound. I like those reels but it is getting expensive to keep those reels. And I'm not going to bring it to a shop for a simple task. My question is, could i just replace the bearing instead of the whole assembly? Tried with my life to remove the bearing retainer but it just wont come off.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Certate (Blue) Line Roller

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 am

The bearing can be replaced . I do myself through my reel repair business in Aus , that circlip is tricky it takes persistence and something like a dental pick to work it out. Maybe do it inside a plastic bag as that clip flys out when you get it.
i have noticed a cool aftermarket line roller with 2 bearings for the older certates on hedgehog.

Ong Jim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ong Jim » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:33 am

I will give that a try. And also need to look into the aftermarket line roller. Been having a ton of issues with these Certate line rollers.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:32 am

I own same reel Daiwa - Certate 3000, and had similar issues. You can take that bearing out, just remove the clip holding bb in the line roller with sharp needle, or an offset hook.
Most likely you have a bb issue. I replaced mine one time from Daiwa US, got similar issues very quickly. Later ordered a bb from Hedgehog, so far reel is very quite, but I don't fish that reel as much as I used to do it though.
Last edited by Cracker on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:13 am

http://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/2018
the link to the twin bearing aftermarket line roller older reel 4 reels. For 2500 size and smaller only though.