Daiwa ballistic 4000 EX 4000H paired with ardito TR

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Jazzbass1
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa ballistic 4000 EX 4000H paired with ardito TR

Post by Jazzbass1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:12 am

Hi!

Just purchased the Ballistic EX 4000h and the Ardito TR 7'6" MH. Sweet reel and sweet rod. I travel quite a bit with my job and love to fish wherever I go. My 1st trip with this setup was last week in Miami, spooled up 15# mono and bought some jigs, poppers and bombers, 1oz and under. Set up felt great but the casting was not so great. I'm sure the mono was a bit thick (wasn't sure what would be swimming around there, Wishing for a hog snook) as the it was slapping the 1st guide pretty hard. 1st guide too small for the spool size?....no distance. I did manage to land a pretty decent sized lady fish between two giant yachts docked up. Felt good! I'm heading to Costa Rica next week and can't help wondering if this 4000 reel is to big for the rod or if I spool up some 20# or 30# braid this setup will cast better. I had bought this set up because my conditions change every time I fish, from stripes in the East river NYC, in shore and surf for reds, blue, rooster in costa, cats in the carolinas, who knows what is biting when I'm in Corsica this summer. Been trolling the forums and haven't found anyone using this exact setup. Perhaps I should've gone with the 3000 size.. Have been using baitcasters for the past 25 years so this spinning thing is pretty new to me. Your knowledge and thoughts would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

bradbellflower
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa ballistic 4000 EX 4000H paired with ardito TR

Post by bradbellflower » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Yes, maybe a smaller reel. Light braid will help with the casting distance.