Steez SV Ltd

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
eskelapa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Steez SV Ltd

Post by eskelapa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:15 am

Hi all,

I am new in fishing especially using baitcast reel. Recently I purchased a steez sv ltd 105 left hand retrieve.
The reel is working fine, but having a slight issue.

When i fill the spool with braided line or mono. It seems stuck (dig in) on the side of the spool when i try to pull the line slowly by hand and holding the spool by thumb or by loosening the drag and pull the line. I can see and feel when it reached the side of the spool the line doesn't come out smoothly like on the middle section or on the other side of spool where the line doesn't stuck.

I don't think there is a problem with the worm gear or line winder. because the dig in can happen on either side (left or right) of the spool. but it happens on the right side of spool.

I heard that if using braided u can use electric tape or backing with mono. i tried that but doesn't solve the issue.because even with mono line the dig in still happens.

I only fill the line half of the spool.

anybody else having the same issues? especially with this reel or maybe with other SV spool?
Would like to have some input or solution.

Thank you

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez SV Ltd

Post by E73Bass » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:05 am

Its a new one on me...This forum for daiwa support is for USDM reels which the steez sv ltd is JDM only. I would tie the line to a stationary object and back step until the line is all the way out and rewind the line back on. Maybe loosen every thing up including drag and spool tension knob and mag brake to 0 and 10 and back to 0 and then rewind. Keeping line taught as you rewind. make sure line lays evenly as you rewind.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez SV Ltd

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 am

Make sure the line is very very tightly packed.