another zillion cluctch bar concern

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
slideaction
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

another zillion cluctch bar concern

Post by slideaction » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:39 am

Bought my cranker this spring and havent seen water yet. Been mainly using my Calcutta te. However, i have taken it out of the box to see how it performs. (The usual tyep of handling anyone would do at a tackle shop to feel the reel) i did notice that there are times after ddisengaging the clutch bar from the handle, there is still an eengagement of the clutch with the reel and after a few turns of the handle it will fully engage. Again the reel is still pretty much new, havent seen line or anything. Should there be any concern or should i just let it go? Thanks in advance.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: another zillion cluctch bar concern

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 am

Is the drag really loose? Mine will do that if the drag is slack. Otherwise it is easily the most solid engaging reel I've ever used. Could be a bad spring or bent piece inside as well, seems unlikely in a new reel though.

DaveJ

slideaction
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slideaction » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Pretty sure it was close to tight bt will have to check on that thanks

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:31 am

Mine had the same problem and that is what it was the drag and the spool tension which also counts were really loose

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:07 am

The zillion only has 1 spool pin slot in the pinion iirc. This means it is stronger, but takes a marginally more amount of rotation to engage.