Any new reel possibilities?

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Any new reel possibilities?

Post by Gblaze » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm

lpquick wrote:Daiwa round reels have lost their market shares to Shimano and with the newest 2014 CQ 100/101 & 200/201 model reels having been released just put the last nails in the daiwa round reels coffin. Shimano's latest Conquest series are the new king of the mountain, long live the king. I love the new CQ 101 so much I immediately ordered a second one. If you haven’t handled these reels yet you will be pleasantly surprised with their performance and rugged good looks nothing Daiwa makes comes close.
Lon-
Really? Ive fished the pre-2014 iteration of CQ at the 101/201 and 401 offerings and they were far less impressive than the monoblocks/Lins. Can we assume that your avatar picture will change soon to be all Shimano gold? :shock:

You know what? You are riight - you should go all in for CQ's -AND I will happily help you re-locate those sub-par nothing near as close Lin's and monoblocks to an appropriate retirement facility (aka my man cave) :big grin:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 pm

I have really enjoyed and am very impressed with the Lunas, and the many Millionaire platforms I have owned and fished...

But I want a 200 sized lower gear ratio power RR...and right now, aside the Ryoga, the 2014 CQ is the only true contender (and the Morrum M5600C is rare as hen's teeth right now). I really enjoyed my CQs as well, more for straight up power cranking more so than twitching, topwater type actions in the 100 sizes vs the 103 Millionaires.

Both Shimano and Daiwa RRs rock, and the Abu Morrums Ms are also special in their own way...

So this 2014 CQ had better be the cat's meow to overshadow all the previous great RRs. ;)

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 am

I’m hearing the purrr of a tiger when I take mine out to play! LOL.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu May 22, 2014 2:31 pm

overdose wrote:from what i've seen, new daiwa reels will have to be brought out to their masses first and we will get the watered down versions the year after.. seems like the usdm tatula was the only proto-typed reel to make it's debut before japan and even then, we didn't have a 103 size spool. i don't think daiwa japan will give up their new SV models so quickly as they were just introduced at Osaka. i don't anticipate anything to come out until next year although i could be very wrong.

Not exactly true....Daiwa introduced the Steez 6.3SV and T3 SV in 2013 and 3 more sv reels this year...so I see at least one reel with a SV spool introduced at ICAST.....