Finnz922 : Feedback Request Topic

Users are invited to begin a thread about themselves requesting feedback from other forum members as reassurance of trustworthiness.

Please provide Buyer/Seller Feedback for this user with your vote... comments are optional

Positive Experience
78%
Negative Experience
11%
Mixed Experience
11%

Total votes: 9

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Finnz922 : Feedback Request Topic

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Please post feedback for this user here

FKA Incognito
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Finnz922 Feedback Request Topic

Post by FKA Incognito » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Bought two rods from Finnz922 about a month ago. One (Champion 705 CB glass) was fine, but the other one has been problematic. It is a brown (ca. 2005 model) St Croix Legend Elite EC70MF. A great rod… in theory. Indeed, it arrived in very good shape, except for one detail. Upon close inspection I noticed that the tip top was not right: the insert was silver colored instead of the usual SiC. Finnz922 feigned ignorance of this matter. I let the matter go as I could not find any pictures of the original tip anywhere on the internet. Anyway, having paid quite a bit for shipping, taxes and brokerage fees, there was no way for me to return this rod without taking a big hit. More recently however, I obtained confirmation from another owner of the same model and from a trusted rod builder that the tip top is indeed neither the original, nor from Fuji, nor having an SiC insert as it should. It’s probably a Pac Bay Minima tip top. Moreover, the orifice of the tip top is not properly aligned with the other guides (not that it’s bent or poorly glued, just not matching the stock Fuji guides).
So I contacted Finnz922 again and confronted him with this more specific information. Now he claims that he is in fact the second owner, that he had noticed the issue but had trusted the original owners’ assurances that all was fine. But of course he failed to volunteer this information in his ad or when I first noticed. According to him, after one month he is not only off the hook for his obvious omission and deception but he does not even feel a need to explain himself.

Overall I wouldn’t say that this transaction was completely negative. The first rod was fine and this rod will certainly be useable and the price I paid was not outrageous ($200), but the rod has lost a lot of its value and enthusiast appeal. This should have been disclosed upfront. Moreover, the seller’s self righteous response to my complaint really floored me. Not the ethical standards I expect from a TT member. Maybe my expectations are exaggerated? You be the judge.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I bought a Procaster 100HSD reel from David. I knew it was well-used, but got it for my dad, since he loves the 103 HSD that he already has. It was as-described and I am satisfied with it. Thanks!

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm

FKA Incognito wrote:Bought two rods from Finnz922 about a month ago. One (Champion 705 CB glass) was fine, but the other one has been problematic. It is a brown (ca. 2005 model) St Croix Legend Elite EC70MF. A great rod… in theory. Indeed, it arrived in very good shape, except for one detail. Upon close inspection I noticed that the tip top was not right: the insert was silver colored instead of the usual SiC. Finnz922 feigned ignorance of this matter. I let the matter go as I could not find any pictures of the original tip anywhere on the internet. Anyway, having paid quite a bit for shipping, taxes and brokerage fees, there was no way for me to return this rod without taking a big hit. More recently however, I obtained confirmation from another owner of the same model and from a trusted rod builder that the tip top is indeed neither the original, nor from Fuji, nor having an SiC insert as it should. It’s probably a Pac Bay Minima tip top. Moreover, the orifice of the tip top is not properly aligned with the other guides (not that it’s bent or poorly glued, just not matching the stock Fuji guides).
So I contacted Finnz922 again and confronted him with this more specific information. Now he claims that he is in fact the second owner, that he had noticed the issue but had trusted the original owners’ assurances that all was fine. But of course he failed to volunteer this information in his ad or when I first noticed. According to him, after one month he is not only off the hook for his obvious omission and deception but he does not even feel a need to explain himself.

Overall I wouldn’t say that this transaction was completely negative. The first rod was fine and this rod will certainly be useable and the price I paid was not outrageous ($200), but the rod has lost a lot of its value and enthusiast appeal. This should have been disclosed upfront. Moreover, the seller’s self righteous response to my complaint really floored me. Not the ethical standards I expect from a TT member. Maybe my expectations are exaggerated? You be the judge.
I guess we can't make everyone happy. I have sold numerous reels and odds and ends and purchased from other members with no issues.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:23 pm

I bought 2 fto boxes from finnz, they arrived quicky! buy and sell with confidence!

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Finnz922 : Feedback Request Topic

Post by smalliesteve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 pm

traded handles with Finnz. Everything as described and in good shape. :D

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:08 am

This TT user purchased an item for me. Was super patient and sent payment fast! Great person to deal with!!!

jeff h
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jeff h » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 am

I had a very positive reel trade experience with David. Great communication!

even26
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by even26 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:05 am

Fast and easy transaction. Quick to respond. Thanks again!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 am

Bought a reel from David. As described and he shipped it before he even had my payment. =D> =D> =D>

badbuffalo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by badbuffalo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:21 am

Bought a 100m, great comutication and got here fast. Wont hessitate to deal with again.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 am

Bought a Pixy from David. Reel was just as described. Thanks for the reel and great transaction! 8-)

chreim20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by chreim20 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:59 am

Just had a very positive transaction with David. He bought a few reels from me, the payment was quick and the communication was great! hope to deal with him again in the future!

Christian