IamStrikeKing : Feedback Request Topic

Users are invited to begin a thread about themselves requesting feedback from other forum members as reassurance of trustworthiness.

Please provide feedback for IamStrikeKing

Positive Experience
50%
Neutral Experience
No votes
Negative Experience
50%

Total votes: 2

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm

I have dealt with many people in buying and selling gear here on TackleTour, and almost all my experiences have been excellent. BUT....

I had a very bad experience in a reel trade with Daniel. He sent me an Alphas-R reel that was defective because the drag did not function. It only turned about 20 degrees. He kept insisting repeatedly that it just needed a minor adjustment. If that was the case, and it was an easy adjustment like he claimed, why didn't HE himself adjust it first rather than trade a defective reel?

He claimed the reel was in excellent condition, but the drag was inoperable. It was a very misleading claim about the reel's condition. He never conceded that the reel was defective.

He refused to undo the trade by swapping our reels back saying that he "gifted" my reel to a friend, and it could not be retrieved. I said that I would return the defective reel, and he could send me some money, but he said he would refuse the delivery. (I'm making a good guess here by concluding that he knew that the reel was defective, and he didn't want to own it anymore.)

I finally sent the reel to Nitroman77, Trey Harpel, who said that a washer was missing. That's a far cry from "needing adjustment" like Daniel claimed. Daniel didn't pay anything, or even contribute towards the shipping costs. (I had tuning done on the reel, and I wouldn't expect Daniel to pay all of that.)

Somebody customized the reel with a new handle and drag star, and they obvioulsy didn't know what they were doing.

At one point, in frustration in geeting anything positive from Daniel to make-good on a bad deal, I contacted the Wisconsin Bar Association, resquesting that they refer me to an attorney because I was ready oto go to small claims court. I contacted an attorney, and we disussed a possible case. I dropped that course of action when the reel was repaired, and the repair was not major.

BUT the entire experience was one that I would not want to go through again. Daniel was first misleadng about the reel's condition; and secondly, he was always extremely adamant by refusing to acknowledge that the reel was defective; and third, he refused to make-good on a bad deal.

The reel now carries some baggage in that it carriers the "deal unhappiness" with it, and I will soon sell it.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 pm

feedback thread for IamStrikeKing
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: IamStrikeKing : Feedback Request Topic

Post by JerryC » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:59 am

He bought some plastics from me... no issues with this sale at all. Fast payment as well! Thanks!!