e_bassfisher : Feedback Request Topic

Users are invited to begin a thread about themselves requesting feedback from other forum members as reassurance of trustworthiness.

Please provide Buyer/Seller Feedback for this user with your vote... comments are optional

Positive Experience
100%
Mixed Experience
No votes
Bad Experience
No votes

Total votes: 61

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: e_bassfisher : Feedback Request Topic

Post by e_bassfisher » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks so much Lon. It was an absolute pleasure Woking on that great reel for you sir!

bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassmaster_flex » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:42 am

Sent a couple of reels to Ian. He did an awesome job with them. My Conquest 101 was fairly rough when I sent it out. Ian found a couple bad parts and it was in pretty rough shape. When I got it back, it's nicer than when it was new. Buttery smooth now. Thanks again Ian.

bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassmaster_flex » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:43 am

Sent a couple of reels to Ian. He did an awesome job with them. My Conquest 101 was fairly rough when I sent it out. Ian found a couple bad parts and it was in pretty rough shape. When I got it back, it's nicer than when it was new. Buttery smooth now. Thanks again Ian.

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 pm

:D

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 pm

I was cleaning my monoblock after a days fishing and somehow while toweling it dry got the towel caught on the handle and fumbled the ball. In mid air I had a chance to catch it but my aim was off and instead of grabbing it I ended up hitting harder down to the ground, ouch!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 636&type=1
I started looking to get the non handle side plate replaced but to see if that was even possible I would have to reach out to a JDM outlet asking if they knew if Megabass would repair the reel if I sent it to them. I was hoping but all the while I was thinking I most likely would just have to live with it. Then while communicating with Ian I asked if there was anything he might be able to do. After showing him a picture or two he replied it’s a pretty deep gouge, gonna take some work to take it out. He explains that I’ll lose the anodizing but he’ll polish it up old school and make it look real nice. Next thing I know Ian let’s me know he’s done and hopes I like his work.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 636&type=1
OMG are you kidding me I thought about drilling a hole in it and putting a chain on it and wearing it around my neck hahaha. I was blown away, his knowledge and abilities seem endless. I salute U e_bassfisher thank you for everything my friend! Next week I’m shipping my 2014 CQ 101 and a new CQ 51, can you blame me for wanting to have my cake and eat it to. If I’m fishing with the best gear why wouldn’t I want to squeeze every last drop of performance possible.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Both reels I have from Ian are top notch...and from opposite ends of the spectrum to boot.

Monoblock 100XR

PT 33C

Says a lot in my book that he can work on reels that are literally 30 years apart in age and get the most out of both of them.

Thanks again buddy!

-Van.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:04 am

Great work on everything I have send to him. He get some much more out of a reel.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 am

Ian is one class act if you’re reading this to get a feeling about him before deciding to send him your reels or not, you made the right choice. The man is a true master craftsman, he is knowledgeable way beyond his years humble & honest to a fault. Doesn’t matter what reel you send him he will impress because he cares and takes his trade to heart. All my reels have been super tuned by Ian (beastified) if you will, even though I am very capable of working on them & maintaining them myself. I can’t explain it any better than this, every time I open a package from Ian containing reels I sent to him to work on I feel like a ten year old kid opening up his present on his birthday always something special. The feeling and smile on my face is priceless. Hey Ian thanks again my friend totally amazing job on all my reels and spools, can’t say thank you enough. =D> =D> =D> =D>

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:17 am

lpquick wrote:Ian is one class act if you’re reading this to get a feeling about him before deciding to send him your reels or not, you made the right choice. The man is a true master craftsman, he is knowledgeable way beyond his years humble & honest to a fault. Doesn’t matter what reel you send him he will impress because he cares and takes his trade to heart. All my reels have been super tuned by Ian (beastified) if you will, even though I am very capable of working on them & maintaining them myself. I can’t explain it any better than this, every time I open a package from Ian containing reels I sent to him to work on I feel like a ten year old kid opening up his present on his birthday always something special. The feeling and smile on my face is priceless. Hey Ian thanks again my friend totally amazing job on all my reels and spools, can’t say thank you enough. =D> =D> =D> =D>
thank you very much sir! i very much appreciate your kind words and friendship

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Bought a PX68 handle and drag star from Ian. Both arrived in excellent condition. He included a free koppers live target frog because he didn't think he shipped it fast enough. Class act all the way. Will put the parts and frog to good use. Thanks,
Ian.

paul19057
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paul19057 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 am

HI,
Ian has worked on all my baitcasters the last few months.
polished all and upgraded some, they cast and feel like new maybe better than new.
great guy to deal with.
thanks for everything Ian.
paul krawczun

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:21 am

As everyone already knows, Ian is great to do business with.

DaveJ

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:50 am

Ian worked on 10 on my baitcasters just recently and several needed major work. Variety of upgrades were done from drags, bearings and a few were polished. I've been fishing 5 of them this week down on Okeechobee and they are all performing better then I can recall; even when brand new.

Ian takes pride in his work, is a master craftsman, communicates well and does what he says he will do. He has earned my business on an ongoing basis. Would highly recommend.

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:48 am

thank y'all very much! :D

ratherbefishin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ratherbefishin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:42 am

Ian is a great guy to do business with. Great communication. Smooth transaction.