e_bassfisher : Feedback Request Topic

Users are invited to begin a thread about themselves requesting feedback from other forum members as reassurance of trustworthiness.

Please provide Buyer/Seller Feedback for this user with your vote... comments are optional

Positive Experience
100%
Mixed Experience
No votes
Bad Experience
No votes

Total votes: 61

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: e_bassfisher : Feedback Request Topic

Post by hobobob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Purchased spools from Ian in the old bbc board. PM message was erased before I could get a chance to say Thanks. Well, here is a long overdue Thank you. =D>

finebar4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by finebar4 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Sent Ian a Calcutta I picked up on Ebay and had him go over the whole thing. Finally got a chance to take it out for a few casts today and lo and behold.....he turned it into a monster. I have the brakes cranked up because it is like learning to cast all over again. Great job Ian, and will I certainly be back again and again. Keep this to yourself, but a Pluton may be coming in for a tune-up next. Can't wait to see what he can turn it into.

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm

thanks guys! :D

jayfaro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jayfaro » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Guys,
Quick backstory...bought a beautiful (on the outside anyway) Aldebaran Mg7 equipped with Bassart 85mm handle, Carbontex, and Orange Seals for $350...from the day i bought it, it felt grindy and the anti-reverse slipped BAD. Finally got around to sending it to Ian.

Last week i get THE email...BAD news...the SOB who sold it to me fished salt...ALOT! Ian sent me some pics of the corrosion...the frame could stand to replaced and the internals were BAD. Ian took 3 days and i got a good news email. The reel was back together and performing great. i get it in the mail today and it's literally 200% better than when i sent it to him. He did an amazing job. Ian came highly recommended and now i know why. A big thank you to Ian...even though i know theres a corroded frame, the reel is amazing. I couldnt be any happier given the situation i purchased. Do not hesitate to send any reel you own to him...he will not let you down.
Jay

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 pm

:D

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Ian just cleaned and polished a big pile of my reels.....he did an excellent job..and gave a detailed review of work done on each reel....very honest guy...I will be sending him the rest of my reels as soon as he has another opening in his schedule....Thanks again, Charles :D

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Great guy, very knowledgeable, and just a great guy. He will continue to get my business as long as he tunes reels. To my knowledge not a better reel tuner out there.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm

I recently had a Conquest 51S, a Yellow Pixy, and a PX68L tuned by Ian.

I could not be happier with his work and our transaction. Ian really went above-and-beyond as far as customer service is concerned, did an absolutely phenomenal job tuning these reels, and had excellent communication.

I could not recommend Ian more as he is a true professional.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Fri May 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I sent Ian 2 old Daiwa PT33's. what he did with these reels is insane. He literally turned them into a work of art.
Along with cleaning, super tuning, bearing & drag upgrades, he completely reconfigured the drag stars to accept swept handles! How cool is that!?! \:D/
There's very little space & tight tolerances between the dragstar & cast control knob, yet he was able to modify them to accept Diawa sol dragstars & retrofitted them tdz type R carbon swept handles!!! =D>
These babies are bad to the MF'n bone. Rock solid & smooth as glass.
He really went out of his way with these old reels and they're truly an engineering work of art.
He will get ALL of my reels from now on, I'm not letting anyone else touch em.
If you love your reels, you owe it to yourself to let Ian work his magic on them.

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 pm

spookybaits wrote:I sent Ian 2 old Daiwa PT33's. what he did with these reels is insane. He literally turned them into a work of art.
Along with cleaning, super tuning, bearing & drag upgrades, he completely reconfigured the drag stars to accept swept handles! How cool is that!?! \:D/
There's very little space & tight tolerances between the dragstar & cast control knob, yet he was able to modify them to accept Diawa sol dragstars & retrofitted them tdz type R carbon swept handles!!! =D>
These babies are bad to the MF'n bone. Rock solid & smooth as glass.
He really went out of his way with these old reels and they're truly an engineering work of art.
He will get ALL of my reels from now on, I'm not letting anyone else touch em.
If you love your reels, you owe it to yourself to let Ian work his magic on them.
I'd like to see some pics of them :big grin:

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Ian has been working on my reels for about three years. He's a master in upgrading and fully polishing reels to optimize their performance.

He does excellent work, and is an excellent communicator.

I bought two used baitcasting reels recently: a Steez and an Airy Red Pixy. They just didn't work properly. I didn't even need to cast the Steez to conclude that something was wrong. I sent them to Ian, and he found all sort of things wrong, including a cheap chrome bearing that the previous owner installed. (I discussed this with the previous owner who said that a local tackle shop sold him what he believed to be a ceramic steel bearing.) Ian also found some stripped threads on a screw that he extracted and redid. In other words, Ian "cleaned up" the repairs that the previous owners screwed up by doing the repairs themselves.

I recommend Ian for routine reel work, and for reel upgrades and polishing. I also highly recommend him for fixing serious reel problems, including screw-ups by "do-it-yourself" guys who think that they can repair their own reels.

Ian is true professional !!!

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:01 am

thanks so much everyone :)

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 am

Another flawless transaction. Ian is top-notch!

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:02 pm

I've bought a few things from Ian and everything is always as advertised and shipped promptly. An asset to TT =D>

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 pm

I recently acquired a MB IS63 Lariat and had the reel shipped directly to Ian to perform his magic on it. I know no matter how good or bad the reel is out of the box, once Ian finishes working on it, it will be and perform to it’s fullest. You will get a memo on what was performed
"what i did:
--clean/inspect/re-lube
--full polish(internals and spool)
--drag clean/flush(the drag was left dry to give more strength and leave it silky smooth for longer than a wet drag)
plus a SECRET to be revealed soon!"

I trust no one else with my prized possessions. Simply another amazing job Ian, thank you! Having you super tune my reels is easily the best money I ever spent.