Set to Destroy! Okuma’s Hakai Might Just Change How You View the Brand’s Baitcasters Entirely

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Set to Destroy! Okuma’s Hakai Might Just Change How You View the Brand’s Baitcasters Entirely

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:58 am

I think Zander reviewed the Hakai Finesse or Pitching. Both have a rated 8/110 or 10/90 which puts it inline with the new Zillion with an 8/100 or 10/80 capacity. The spools also appear be nearly identical in depth and I assume is a 34mm diameter. The Hakai Finesse is also a mag brake reel according to TW where as the Hakai is a centrifugal brake reel. This makes the stated line cap in the review inaccurate and probably the MSRP since the Finesse and Pitch command $20 more.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Set to Destroy! Okuma’s Hakai Might Just Change How You View the Brand’s Baitcasters Entirely

Post by Zander » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay, been on the road for two weeks. I reviewed the standard Hakai casting reel - HDT100X (8.1:1) model. I've only seen magnetic cast control system on the series.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:30 pm

I wonder if TW sent the wrong reel? Per Okuma the normal Hakai is centrifugal and this pic on TW shows a much deeper spool than what Zander got. They have three of the things so its confusing.