An Enthusiast Level Rod For Anglers Of All Levels, Legit Design's Big Bait Special

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

An Enthusiast Level Rod For Anglers Of All Levels, Legit Design's Big Bait Special

Post by Cal » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Introduction: Every now and then, our coverage of ICAST affords us the opportunity to meet some exciting new manufacturers. That is how we were introduced to Molix, G-Rods, 13 Fishing, ARK Fishing, and many more. This year's virtual event bore similar fruit. Legit Design is a rod company based in Japan, and includes Legit Design International a subsidiary headquartered in Taichung, Taiwan. Arundel Tackle out of Chicago, Illinois is in partnership with Legit Design for exclusive North American distribution rights. That's how we got our hands on the subject of today's review. Introducing the Legit Design Wild Side WSC75XH Big Bait Special.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewlegitde ... heavy.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: An Enthusiast Level Rod For Anglers Of All Levels, Legit Design's Big Bait Special

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:04 pm

That's too bad about the excessive coating on the blank, as well as the TCS reel seat. I wonder if their new 5 piece travel rods have the same thing going on 🤔

Morph808
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: An Enthusiast Level Rod For Anglers Of All Levels, Legit Design's Big Bait Special

Post by Morph808 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:36 am

Would you compare the action of the LD 7'5" very similar to the Megabass White Python? I have the White Python, but I am very intrigued about this Legit Design. I feel like it would be a great rod for wakebaits or some of those 2-3oz walk-the-dog baits.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:09 pm

Morph808 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:36 am
Would you compare the action of the LD 7'5" very similar to the Megabass White Python? I have the White Python, but I am very intrigued about this Legit Design. I feel like it would be a great rod for wakebaits or some of those 2-3oz walk-the-dog baits.
Sorry Morph... I can't even say at this point it's been so long since I fished this stick :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor

Morph808
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Morph808 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:10 pm

Ah it's all good. I wish I had that problem...so many fine rods, so little time to fish them :big grin:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:30 am

Morph808 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:10 pm
Ah it's all good. I wish I had that problem...so many fine rods, so little time to fish them :big grin:
Morning Morph... so I read over your question again and skimmed the review... and actually, yes, this rod would be very good in the application you're envisioning. That short rear handle is perfect for working topwater walkers and it will handle stuff like a Punker or Megabass MegaDog pretty easily I imagine. Wake baits too especially if you like to pop the tip and walk those baits. I'd say give it a go! 👊
Cal, Managing Editor

Morph808
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Morph808 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:16 pm

Awesome, thank you!