Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

Post by raychoi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 am

jerkbait22 wrote:What's with the 2 piece? I don't think TW makes mention of this but on Shimano Japan's website I think all of the rods being offered in USDM are 2 piece.

I would imagine you don't take it apart, that it just means the handle is separate and it's not one continuous blank?
They are not real 2 piece like center cut :D

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:What's with the 2 piece? I don't think TW makes mention of this but on Shimano Japan's website I think all of the rods being offered in USDM are 2 piece.

I would imagine you don't take it apart, that it just means the handle is separate and it's not one continuous blank?
Seperates in the middle of the blank. These come in both 1 and 2 piece.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Seperates in the middle of the blank. These come in both 1 and 2 piece.[/quote]

So you have to worry about it coming apart during casting and what not? The only rod I own that is 2 piece is my 11' surf fishing rod. If that's the case then I'm out on these.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:Seperates in the middle of the blank. These come in both 1 and 2 piece.
So you have to worry about it coming apart during casting and what not? The only rod I own that is 2 piece is my 11' surf fishing rod. If that's the case then I'm out on these.[/quote]
Lol. I've literally never had a 2 piece rod come apart during a cast. Especially a high end jdm rod. The connection used on these rods is top notch. I'm not even sure if one was blindfolded, they could tell a difference. Again, they also come in 1 piece models.