Phenix Spreads Their Wings Into the Line Market with Hydra Braid

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:50 am

Introduction: As manufacturers grow more and more successful with their established product, sometimes, instead of concentrating on the expansion of these offerings, they venture into new territory. So, if you're Phenix Custom Rods and have successfully resurrected the brand into one of the more popular industry wide, what other fishing product area do you attempt to exert your expertise? How about fishing line or more specifically braid. Here now is our look at Phenix's 8 Strand Hydra Braid.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewphenixhydrabraid.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Phenix Spreads Their Wings Into the Line Market with Hydra Braid

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:09 pm

This is one helluva good quality line.

I'm running 30 on my Steez A HLC 6.3 paired with a custom Otterod MHX CB907 for 5/8-1.25 oz moving baits like lipless, topwaters, chatters, wakes, buzzbaits.

The 10lb is very thin, excellent body/form, casts great and is strong and quiet. I have it on a Daiwa BLX 6'10" ML Limber and Procyon AL LT 2500 for just about anything 1/8-1/2 moving with open hooks.

Just wanted to give a shout out to TT for the very accurate review and Phenix Rods for putting out a quality braid that unfortunately, is well under the radar and receives little to no fanfare.
Last edited by dragon1 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:15 am

Good to know that is seems to be a quality line. I'm always wary when a certain type of company (in this case rod builder) magically develops and brings to market a new product. Did they slap together a PE factory, or are they outsourcing and if so where and with whom? Questions I always like to know.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:37 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:15 am
Good to know that is seems to be a quality line. I'm always wary when a certain type of company (in this case rod builder) magically develops and brings to market a new product. Did they slap together a PE factory, or are they outsourcing and if so where and with whom? Questions I always like to know.
I can't say for certain whether it was developed in house or an OEM, however for me the cost value versus quality and performance is very strong IMO.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:39 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:15 am
100% OEM.