Crank It Up! Abu Garcia's Veritas Winch Cranking Stick

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Introduction: Over the last few years, we've fished Abu Garcia's Villain and Fantasista Premier and Beast sticks finding them to be solid performing rods delivered at an excellent value. But what about their actual value priced rods? I recall over eight years ago, being quite surprised when JIP revealed to me the price point of the Vendetta stick he was reviewing - $79.99. Eight years later, the Vendetta carries the same price. Today, we take a look at a technique specific stick in a rod series that is one step up from the Vendetta. Introducing Abu Garcia's Veritas Winch Cranking Rod.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewabuVTSCW766.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Crank It Up! Abu Garcia's Veritas Winch Cranking Stick

Post by mark poulson » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:13 am

Cal, I use that rod for punching. It has plenty of hook setting power, and I can winch them up and onto the mat so I can ski them across the top, but it also keeps the fish pegged when I have to go in to get one out of those deep primrose mats.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Crank It Up! Abu Garcia's Veritas Winch Cranking Stick

Post by mark poulson » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:13 pm

mark poulson wrote:Cal, I use that rod for punching. It has plenty of hook setting power, and I can winch them up and onto the mat so I can ski them across the top, but it also keeps the fish pegged when I have to go in to get one out of those deep primrose mats.
Correction. I just went downstairs and put on my glasses. The Winch rod I use for punching is the 7'11" extra heavy cranking rod. Doh!!!