TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spro's Dean Rojas Bronzeye Poppin Frog

Post by Cal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Spro's Dean Rojas Bronzeye Poppin Frog

Introduction:
There was a time bass anglers only threw topwater hollow body frogs in the heat of the Summer over the top of grass beds that have matted over the surface of the water. Those days are long gone. Now, the hollow body frog is a year long bait. Anglers came to know and realize that the best areas to fish this bait wasn't over that matted grass, but rather over and near any type of shallow water cover you can find. That so called secret is long spoiled but now, the next iteration of the topwater frog craze is taking that same bait and throwing a popping mouth on it. Spro's Dean Rojas has been aware of this trend for several years and now we're finally taking a look at his bait of choice in these situations. Here now is our look at Spro's Dean Rojas Bronzeye Poppin Frog.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewspropoppinfrog.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Spro's Dean Rojas Bronzeye Poppin Frog

Post by LowRange » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:50 am

Interesting choice of a frog rod. Orochi XX Diablo Spec R. I know those rods are versatile but I had no idea they could pull 1/2oz frog duty.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spro's Dean Rojas Bronzeye Poppin Frog

Post by Cal » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:21 am

LowRange wrote:Interesting choice of a frog rod. Orochi XX Diablo Spec R. I know those rods are versatile but I had no idea they could pull 1/2oz frog duty.
I use rods in unconventional fashion all the time these days just to see what they can or can't do. Sometimes it makes it into articles, sometimes not. :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"