Putting a Twist on Spiral Wrapped Rods and Making them Affordable – The Riverside M2

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Putting a Twist on Spiral Wrapped Rods and Making them Affordable – The Riverside M2

Post by Cal » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Introduction: Spiral wrapped, acid wrapped, whatever you wish to call them, these offset guide wraps are nothing new, and ever since custom rod builders started employing the configuration decades ago they have been the subject of great debate. Uribe Rods has not only fully embraced the configuration but is actively trying to drive adoption by making their Riverside Series rods premium performers at a surprisingly aggressive price. Is it time for the masses to once again consider “twisted” guide wraps? Uribe makes the choice that much easier with the subject of today’s review, the all-purpose Riverside M2 rod.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewuriberiversiderod.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Putting a Twist on Spiral Wrapped Rods and Making them Affordable – The Riverside M2

Post by smalljaw » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Is the spiral wrap the reason this wasn't put on the RoD rack? I also didn't see any weight listed, and I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, but the review read more like an advertisement than an actual review. I guess what I mean is it feels like that when you compare it to all the other rod reviews, the missing details leaves the reader with just opinions and few measurables. Again, I apologize for the way it sounds, I'm far from a wordsmith so things kind of get taken out of context from time to time.
Barlow's Tackle

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Putting a Twist on Spiral Wrapped Rods and Making them Affordable – The Riverside M2

Post by Cal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 am

Actually, the reason it wasn't put on the RoD Wrack is because this fella who shall remain nameless (*cough-CAL*) has been shirking his duties... hopefully this will be corrected within the next couple of weeks :lol: ... we appreciate that you appreciate the measurables and apologize for the oversight. It's tough to get good help these days ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am

Cal wrote:Actually, the reason it wasn't put on the RoD Wrack is because this fella who shall remain nameless (*cough-CAL*) has been shirking his duties... hopefully this will be corrected within the next couple of weeks :lol: ... we appreciate that you appreciate the measurables and apologize for the oversight. It's tough to get good help these days ;)
Thanks for clearing that up, as I said previously, no disrespect meant. I actually like your rate of deflection charts, if I want to get a rod that you guys review but I can't physically handle it, I look at the pictures on the review showing the taper and then read the rate of deflection chart. It gives a very accurate picture of the power and action and that means a lot since we all know there is no industry standard and one company's medium heavy is another's medium and the same goes for action. These Uribe rods are in a good price range for me to give a spiral wrapped rod a try and I can do so without fear since it basically got a solid review but seeing the measurables of the rod makes it go from just a thought to an actual order, at least for me it does. Thanks again for the help and I look forward to seeing the additional information.
Barlow's Tackle