Number Four REVO Winch by Abu Garcia

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Introduction: Fresh off their Editor's Choice Award win with the Revo X, Abu Garcia is right back in the fire with perhaps my favorite Revo model or at least the one in my lineup that has seen the most consistent use over the years. Granted, I don't get to fish many of the reels I like or collect because there are always new models to test and write about, but when it comes time to review a crankbait or cranking stick, I'll almost always pull out my trusty Revo Winch to help with those tests. As a result, I was pretty anxious to see what the new, Gen 4 Revo Winch would bring to the table. Let's take a look.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewaburevo4winch.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Number Four REVO Winch by Abu Garcia

Post by mark poulson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 am

I've found that weight is much less of an issue for me, too, as I "mature". But I have fished so many heavier reels in the past that anything below 8 oz. feels light, anyway.
I find having a balanced rod makes the reel weight issue go away.
I don't even notice what color scheme the reel has, once it's in my hand and I'm fishing, but I do notice that a different scheme helps me find the right setup I'm looking for more quickly when I'm searching through the pile of setups on my deck! :lol: