Forget the Street Car, Book the Bullet Train to this New Stella

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue May 29, 2018 6:43 am

Introduction: When I joined the staff here at TackleTour back in 2004, my primary concentration was on higher end tackle. Zander coined the phrase "Enthusiast Tackle" to describe my area of concentration. Most of my purchases were products made for the Japanese Domestic Market - hence the term JDM was introduced to the fishing world. As the years have progressed, and with manufacturers finally wising up by moving towards globalized product catalogs, my duties broadened to include more affordable tackle product so now I test, fish, and write about the entire gamut. Yes, I really did give an Editor's Choice Award to a $99 reel earlier this year!

However, anyone who truly knows me knows my heart, my passion for fishing gear lies in the high end. It's not a matter of worth, or getting the job done, it's a matter of appreciating that time you get to spend on the water and doing so with gear that delivers that undeniable, youthful joy of your very first combo.How excited were you and how much anticipation did you have to take to the water and make your first cast? Remember that feeling? That's what being an enthusiast is all about - enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, like anything else, too much of a good thing can make you a bit jaded and it's not long before that euphoric high grows more and more difficult to achieve. Here at TackleTour that curve is exacerbated from the sheer amount of gear we see each and every year, so when that piece of tackle arrives that can truly hold my interest for more than a handful of casts, that product deserves a bit of notoriety.

Yes, it's true, I am no longer exclusively the Enthusiast Tackle Editor here at TT and have the responsibility to test, fish, and write about a wide range of tackle now. So when I get the opportunity to return to my roots, and play with something truly special, you're going to hear about it. This year, Shimano refreshed their flagship, or as Zander likes to refer to them, their "halo" spinning reel product, the Stella. Here now is our look at the new for 2018 Stella FJ.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshimstellafj.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"