Slowing Things Down with Abu Garcia's Revo 4 Winch Spinning Reel

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun May 13, 2018 6:15 am

Introduction: One of the arguments I hear in passing as to why bass anglers prefer casting reels to spinning is the slower gear ratios in spinning reels versus casting. What I guess many of the anglers making this argument fail to realize is it's not the gear ratio that's important, but the actual rate of retrieve or inches of line retrieved per turn of the reel's handle (IPT). I am quite certain, given the different spool sizes available in spinning gear, that if the amount of line that is picked up per turn of the handle is your concern, you can find a model to suit your needs.

However, I do know there are a lot of anglers in general, who actually prefer spinning gear to casting because the perception is spinning reels are easier to use. My view is that it is simply a matter of trading one concern for another - the likelihood of line twist versus a birds-nest. With proper attention, both can be managed. For those in the spinning reel camp, this year, Abu Garcia has introduced an intriguing new product - a technique specific spinning reel made for cranking. Introducing Abu Garcia's Revo Winch spinning reel.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewaburevo4winchspin.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"