A Global Design for Enthusiasts, the Shimano G.Loomis Conquest Rods

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Introduction: A joint collaboration within the same company? This is exactly what it took to create the Conquest Series, a twelve rod lineup that brought together G.Loomis’s rod design expertise and popular mag bass actions with Shimano’s core blank technology. The Conquest rods are not just designed by the combined global team but continue to be manufactured through a global process that includes the blanks being rolled by Shimano and then sent to the U.S. where they are finished in the G.Loomis Woodland Washington factory.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewgloomisconquest843Crod.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: A Global Design for Enthusiasts, the Shimano G.Loomis Conquest Rods

Post by BigG » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:27 am

Enjoyed the review. If asked what I wanted in a new premium rod I would have ask for full cork grips, great guides, and MBR actions. All winners on the Conquest rods. Interesting comparison between the Conquest's and NRX's sensitivity, no winner there. I'll be adding some Conquest to my line up, but I think I'll keep a few of my mundane green NRXs. :lol:

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am

BigG wrote:Enjoyed the review. If asked what I wanted in a new premium rod I would have ask for full cork grips, great guides, and MBR actions. All winners on the Conquest rods. Interesting comparison between the Conquest's and NRX's sensitivity, no winner there. I'll be adding some Conquest to my line up, but I think I'll keep a few of my mundane green NRXs. :lol:
Thanks for the feedback BigG. While the Green NRXs are not my preference they definitely are a collectors item now. :D Hard to get them and actually do look great with a bunch of the new reels. I'm with you on the full cork grips, and have kind of come full circle on this. Split grips are cool but done right there is nothing more functional than a well sculpted full grip and really appreciate it when some manufacturers even offer the two options.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am

Zander wrote:
BigG wrote:Enjoyed the review. If asked what I wanted in a new premium rod I would have ask for full cork grips, great guides, and MBR actions. All winners on the Conquest rods. Interesting comparison between the Conquest's and NRX's sensitivity, no winner there. I'll be adding some Conquest to my line up, but I think I'll keep a few of my mundane green NRXs. :lol:
Thanks for the feedback BigG. While the Green NRXs are not my preference they definitely are a collectors item now. :D Hard to get them and actually do look great with a bunch of the new reels. I'm with you on the full cork grips, and have kind of come full circle on this. Split grips are cool but done right there is nothing more functional than a well sculpted full grip and really appreciate it when some manufacturers even offer the two options.
TD-ito looks awesome on them.