Spro's Mike McClelland McStick 95 Rip Bait

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Introduction: When jerkbait season rolls around Spro has a plethora of baits from which to choose all branded behind our good friend and BASS Elite Series Pro Mike McClelland. McClelland is a jerk bait fanatic so you know any bait with his name on it has to perform. Today, we take a look at a jerkbait built with a slightly smaller profile than usual and designed to be effective in highly pressured waters. Here's our take on Spro's Mike McClelland McStick 95.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewspromcstick95.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Fishingelbow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Spro's Mike McClelland McStick 95 Rip Bait

Post by Fishingelbow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Any particular reason why you use both a split ring and a snap simultaneously on this lure? [-X
Never moon a werewolf!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Fishingelbow wrote:Any particular reason why you use both a split ring and a snap simultaneously on this lure? [-X
I use snaps all the time. Makes switching between baits (to compare actions) and colors easier and I always snap to the line tie not the split ring. I don't bother taking the split rings off because sometimes, I tie direct to the split ring.
Cal, Managing Editor

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Cal wrote:
Fishingelbow wrote:Any particular reason why you use both a split ring and a snap simultaneously on this lure? [-X
I use snaps all the time. Makes switching between baits (to compare actions) and colors easier and I always snap to the line tie not the split ring. I don't bother taking the split rings off because sometimes, I tie direct to the split ring.
Just be sure your snap is really clipped shut!

Fishingelbow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishingelbow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Cal, I use snaps all the time, systematically removing the split ring from lures that come with one. I'm like to know under what circumstances you prefer to tie to the split ring. Maybe I'm missing something?
Thanks!

}<(((°>
Never moon a werewolf!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Fishingelbow wrote: I'm like to know under what circumstances you prefer to tie to the split ring. Maybe I'm missing something?
Thanks!

}<(((°>
Oh! Actually, if I'm fishing fishing, as opposed to testing fishing, I almost always tie direct to the split ring. Although, if I'm using braid or some kind of superline, I'll usually use a snap because I get paranoid of that knot getting caught in that funky spot of the split ring.
Cal, Managing Editor