First Tests and a Look Inside the 13 Fishing Concept Z - Zero Ball Bearing Baitcaster

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Tests and a Look Inside the 13 Fishing Concept Z - Zero Ball Bearing Baitcaster

Post by mhood » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Cal wrote:I'm surprised no one has brought up the point that there is now another, potentially collectible ORANGE reel on the market that MHOOD needs to add to his arsenal pronto! :lol:
My wife tells me I'm too predictable. :big grin:

Noticed it...priced it...might very well want it after reading the glowing review.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Tests and a Look Inside the 13 Fishing Concept Z - Zero Ball Bearing Baitcaster

Post by Cal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:49 pm

mhood wrote:
Cal wrote:I'm surprised no one has brought up the point that there is now another, potentially collectible ORANGE reel on the market that MHOOD needs to add to his arsenal pronto! :lol:
My wife tells me I'm too predictable. :big grin:

Noticed it...priced it...might very well want it after reading the glowing review.
Now that's more like it! =D> =D>
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:37 pm

mark poulson wrote:What does it say about me that I even like the name of the color, with apologies to Jeffrey Lebowski.
If my memory serves me correctly, tequila sunrise is a color that is more of a black and purple. At least that is the color of my Charlies Worms anyways. This color looks more like a orange to me.
<")))><{

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:49 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
mark poulson wrote:What does it say about me that I even like the name of the color, with apologies to Jeffrey Lebowski.
If my memory serves me correctly, tequila sunrise is a color that is more of a black and purple. At least that is the color of my Charlies Worms anyways. This color looks more like a orange to me.
I'm thinking of the drink, and the Eagles' song.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:51 pm

As expected it is just hype around this reel with nothing to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHQw-4-JcvM

justgopen
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by justgopen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:28 am

Got one of the 6.6:1 reels from TW, and I don’t think it’s all hype. Is there a lot of overhyping it in videos online? Yes. True the reel doesn’t magically outcast evertything, in fact i’m finding it very comparable to a lot of other reels costing as much or 50 bucks more, which in itself is good considering we are talking polymer bushings here. The fact it even competes is sweet, and if it holds up its a winner.

I do agree overall it isn’t blowing my mind but like the preview article said it does feel different, both on cast and retrieve. I am finding it quiet and consistent, but better with the heavier baits 1/2oz. and above. Going to grind on it some more this weekend but so far it’s fishing good and lots of fun to fish for two bills. Between the Curado K and this reel right now I feel like the Curado K is the more solid and well rounded reel tho. But I do like the color, it’s def a conversation piece.