Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10344
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 am

TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels: Enabled by Office ZPI

Image

Introduction: Winter can be a trying time for the Tackle Enthusiast. News regarding new tackle from the factories within Japan leaks out painfully slow until the sportfishing shows debut in February and the buzz in North America from ICAST is all but gone. It is a time best used to assess inventory and perform yearly maintenance on equipment - especially reels. But for the seriously afflicted Enthusiast, it is project time and time to think of how best to spice up tackle already within the arsenal and breathe new life into some tired old favorites. Add to this time of contemplation a new service offering by the well respected tuning factory, Office ZPI in Japan and look out! Join us on our journey with eight great reels and witness what fruit our winter time superttuning efforts bear. Introducing TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels!

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewcustomreels.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

User avatar
GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: NorCal

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:02 pm

That's pretty sick, man...
PEACE

User avatar
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8501
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Lake Leon, Texas

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby mhood » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 pm

I want to pass out some credit for the Pixzilla concept. Christian Tanno (are you still out there?), Cal (of course), D.R. Fielding (haven't seen DR in years now) and myself. We birthed Pixzilla. Keep it orange! :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2218
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby goldrod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm

mhood wrote:I want to pass out some credit for the Pixzilla concept. Christian Tanno (are you still out there?), Cal (of course), D.R. Fielding (haven't seen DR in years now) and myself. We birthed Pixzilla. Keep it orange! :big grin:


D.R. Fielding was a superb guy to deal with..
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
H.Thoreau

User avatar
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8501
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Lake Leon, Texas

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby mhood » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

goldrod wrote:
mhood wrote:I want to pass out some credit for the Pixzilla concept. Christian Tanno (are you still out there?), Cal (of course), D.R. Fielding (haven't seen DR in years now) and myself. We birthed Pixzilla. Keep it orange! :big grin:


D.R. Fielding was a superb guy to deal with..


He's a gr8 guy to fish with too. None better.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!

- Lord Wisecracker

User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10344
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm

I don't think I had much to do with the conception of the Pixzilla... just the documentation of the process/qualifications of what it is/was in that article :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

User avatar
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8501
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Lake Leon, Texas

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby mhood » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:15 am

Cal wrote:I don't think I had much to do with the conception of the Pixzilla... just the documentation of the process/qualifications of what it is/was in that article :lol:


It was my Dark Lord who got me the CPO 301 spool and what is a Pixzilla without a CPO 301 spool?
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!

- Lord Wisecracker

User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10344
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Ressurecting an Oldie in honor of this weekend's movie debut : TackleTour's Legion of SuperTTuned SuperReels

Postby Cal » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:28 pm

mhood wrote:
Cal wrote:I don't think I had much to do with the conception of the Pixzilla... just the documentation of the process/qualifications of what it is/was in that article :lol:


It was my Dark Lord who got me the CPO 301 spool and what is a Pixzilla without a CPO 301 spool?


Well of course I remember that :)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"


Return to “TT Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests