Megabass's Destroyer Series Goes USDM - Finally

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Introduction: Megabass as a brand made its debut over thirty (30) years in the early to mid 80's. By the mid 90’s, their bait products had made their way into tackle boxes around the world though admittedly in limited supply. The JDM price points were not very palatable for most anglers. Even more rare was to find someone outside of Japan who had experience with their fishing rods.

While the pervasiveness of this enthusiast level brand continued to grow outside of Japan, it really wasn’t until 2013 when international subdivision, Megabass of America, debuted their designed and made for the North American market Orochi XX line of rods that their popularity really sky rocketed. Up until then, Megabass was considered boutique and high end only. The company completed their foray into the mainstream with the debut of Levante in 2015.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewmb2017destr ... part1.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass's Destroyer Series Goes USDM - Finally

Post by goldrod » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:41 pm

After reading the review I am convinced that I should buy the javelin but my wallet feels like there has been several javelins thrown at it as of late..

Cal,
Would it be fair to say that of all the line up the Javelin made the most impression upon you? I'd like to see how diverse this stick is .
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:21 pm

goldrod wrote: I'd like to see how diverse this stick is .
I intend to find out next chance I get ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:19 pm

The Onagers balance really surprised me.
After handling them all extensively, I would really like to know if the FMJ could be the perfect short frog rod stick.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.