Seaspin USA Enters the Market with the Bruko, a Soft Plastic Stick Bait

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Introduction: The retail battlefield over soft plastic baits is real. There are countless worms, craws, creatures, lizards from which to choose: scented plastics, no-scent plastics, plastics infused with salt, hand pours, machine pours, even plastics firm and soft. Well, you get the idea. It's the bait anglers love to toss. No where is this battle over an angler's attention for soft plastic baits more evident than with the simple, benign, yet pervasive stick bait. It is the space on tackle store shelves that Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits owns and countless others have attempted to infiltrate. Today, we take a look at one of those competitors. Introducing our look at Seaspin's Bruko.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewseaspinbruko.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Seaspin USA Enters the Market with the Bruko, a Soft Plastic Stick Bait

Post by Dug » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:20 pm

They look pretty good, but the Pendolino system looks like might be even more interesting. Has anyone tried this?

http://www.seaspin.com/eng/pendolino-rig/

Dug

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

The "Bruko" A Soft Plastic Stick Bait ~~

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 am

Quick question, have any of you had the opportunity to fish the Bruko, a Soft Plastic Stick Bait? Seaspin USA Enters the Market with the Bruko, a Soft Plastic Stick Bait... The Bruko ($5.99 for a pack of 8), and many of the company's other bait offerings are available direct at SeaspinUSA.com.

http://tackletour.com/reviewseaspinbruko.html

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: The "Bruko" A Soft Plastic Stick Bait ~~

Post by Brad in Texas » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 pm

I read the review a day or so ago, too.

I came away with the impression that the reviewer gave it a "so so" rating of "good" just to be polite. As best I can tell from reading about it, I just can't see anything innovative that adds value to the already overwhelming supply of esoteric plastic worms we see marketed in the USA.

"Shelf space" is a tough area of real estate to penetrate. I can't imagine this one getting it from the major supply houses.

Hey! If you buy it and fish it, post your thoughts and results!

Brad

Faymous_Fisherman
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Faymous_Fisherman » Wed May 10, 2017 5:48 am

I started using​ BRUKO about 2 years ago, when a friend gave me a bag to try. At first I couldn't get any confidence in it, and I went back to the original Senko. Then when I-cast came to my home town in Orlando I spoke to lure designer Emanuele Turato to let him know that I believed the Senko to be a better stick bait. He took it personal and said that he would challenge me with the Bruko versus the Senko on my home Lake. I picked him up at his hotel and took him fishing. He proceeded to whoop me on my own Lake. Needless to say I have put down the Senko, and this has become my go-to stick bait. If you look at my Instagram page (Faymous_fisherman) the bass in my profile picture was caught on a BRUKO. I do wish they would give a suggested rigging picture on the back of the package, because found out I was rigging it backwards from the way it was designed to be fished. I prefer it best with a 2.0 wide gap Daiichi thin wire hook weightless through the skinny end of the bait.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Wed May 10, 2017 8:39 am

More Information:

The stick bait par excellence, "SEASPIN BRUKO" shows a "Bulge on the end to increase contrast movement during recovery. Thanks to the fulcrum provided by the offset hook you can get movements extremely baiting for all possible situations. It has to be positioned in the narrow part where a small hole guides the insertion of the hook. The hole is located perfectly in the center so as to allow the right balance during the recovery stages. The mixture has a texture selected in order to maintain the proper relation between softness and durability of the lure. Its baiting power is increased by the inner salt and shrimp scent that has proven the most effective among all the flavors in increasing the retention of the baits in the mouths of predators. Measure 5” is available in 10 different colors selected to successfully deal with all types of water, from lighter to darker. Developed by Emanuele Turato...