The Stuff of Wonder, Graphene Infused G-Rods

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Introduction: It is rare that a new rod company offers something really unique to show us at ICAST but that is exactly what happened when we came across G-Rods at ICAST. The young rod company was at the show touting their use of graphene, a “wonder material” that I had heard of being used in semiconductors and Li-ion batteries before, but never before within a fishing rod. My interest was definitely peaked! At the show G-Rods was not just showing prototypes, they already had a complete arsenal of rods ready to hit the water. Fast forward two seasons and it is time to share our findings on this exciting fresh player in the rod market.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewgrodsbass.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: The Stuff of Wonder, Graphene Infused G-Rods

Post by LowRange » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:58 am

Interesting read and sharp looking rods. I'm glad Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov were awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering pencil lead. Also an 8 is missing from 3/8 on the rod's lure ratting. It reads 3/ - 1 1/4 oz.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Stuff of Wonder, Graphene Infused G-Rods

Post by Zander » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:50 pm

LowRange wrote:Interesting read and sharp looking rods. I'm glad Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov were awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering pencil lead. Also an 8 is missing from 3/8 on the rod's lure ratting. It reads 3/ - 1 1/4 oz.
Lol!! :lol: and thanks for the note LR, rating fixed.