Fulfill Your Destiny With Shimano's 2015 Metanium DC

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal »

Introduction: Once the buzz around the fishing industry, Shimano's DC cast control system has been really quiet as of late. Instead, the manufacturer's newer SVS Infinity braking system has taken center stage - and rightfully so. Still, in today's age of digital everything, it's difficult not to wonder if Shimano has abandoned the system all together or if they're continuing to refine it. And of course, if they are continuing to refine it, where are the reels? We received an answer to that question in the middle of last year and now it's time to take a look. Introducing Shimano Japan's 2015, Metanium DC.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewshimmetdc15.html
BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Fulfill Your Destiny With Shimano's 2015 Metanium DC

Post by BassFisher83 »

Another great review to go along with a sweet reel! I have the XG monted on my Luxxe Oltre 69MH - love it!
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 »

This review has been a long time coming. I guess I should read it now.

DaveJ
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 »

Almost exactly what I expected. I'm 99% sure mine came with a reel cover. I wonder if he just misplaced his or it wasn't included for some reason.

I recently fully respooled mine with 30lb slick 8 (had a 3/4 spool of 50lb before). I am curious to see if cast distance will improve significantly up to the distance I was able to get with the Conquest DC I had.

DaveJ
Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain »

IlliniDawg01 wrote:Almost exactly what I expected. I'm 99% sure mine came with a reel cover. I wonder if he just misplaced his or it wasn't included for some reason.

I recently fully respooled mine with 30lb slick 8 (had a 3/4 spool of 50lb before). I am curious to see if cast distance will improve significantly up to the distance I was able to get with the Conquest DC I had.

DaveJ
reports and youtube videos show the DC to be at least on par with the regular 13 Met.
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 »

Finally! A reel worth looking into!
dinosorcerer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dinosorcerer »

BassFisher83 wrote:Another great review to go along with a sweet reel! I have the XG monted on my Luxxe Oltre 69MH - love it!

I have mine on ultima 70mh, I was thinking about getting a Luxxe Oltre 69MH and put another metanium but I decided for Luxxe Oltre b70H with Antares 16 dc.

My 2 favorite combos!

I like my Metanium a little more than my antares because it is "safe" for salt. When the time comes and there are no more lakes in SoCal, I will fish the beach with my ultima....
IlliniDawg01 wrote:Almost exactly what I expected. I'm 99% sure mine came with a reel cover. I wonder if he just misplaced his or it wasn't included for some reason.

DaveJ

With my ultima + metanium setup, i was able to throw 66 meters using a 3/4 oz lipless crankbait. Then I tied the same lure on a glorious mh + 100 conquest dc. It despooled the reel(around 75m worth of line), I think conquest dc is still superior in the casting category.

Currently using Antares 16dc with 15lb flouro, I don't think I cast as far due to heavy line, but still far. Didn't get a measurement.
phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass »

Cal wrote:Fulfill Your Destiny With Shimano's 2015 Metanium DC

Introduction: Once the buzz around the fishing industry, Shimano's DC cast control system has been really quiet as of late. Instead, the manufacturer's newer SVS Infinity braking system has taken center stage - and rightfully so. Still, in today's age of digital everything, it's difficult not to wonder if Shimano has abandoned the system all together or if they're continuing to refine it. And of course, if they are continuing to refine it, where are the reels? We received an answer to that question in the middle of last year and now it's time to take a look. Introducing Shimano Japan's 2015, Metanium DC.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewshimmetdc15.html
in the article you list the side plates as ci4+, its only the brake sideplate that is ci4+ the handle sideplate is magnesium.