The Tatula Web Continues to Grow : E-Glass Cranking Stick

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Introduction: Daiwa has done a very good job leveraging their Tatula brand to maximum potential. We've seen several different reel variants and have sampled one of the rods in their series by the same name. In fact, the TAT 721HFB we reviewed in January of 2014 was a lot of fun to fish and even won our Best Value Award. Daiwa recently expanded their Tatula line of rods to include cranking sticks. You know we had to try one so here now is our review of the Tatula TAT-721-MHRB-G.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewdaiwatat721mhrbg.html

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: The Tatula Web Continues to Grow : E-Glass Cranking Stic

Post by mark poulson » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Please stop reviewing stuff, 'cause I'm going broke! :lol:
Seriously, I was looking for a cranking rod for heavier stuff when I read your review, and it was just what I had been looking for.
I got the rod Wednesday, put an original Smoke 7/1 reel on it with 17lb flouro, and tried it out with a 1/2 oz casting weight, which is probably the low end of cranks I'll throw on it, in the vacant lot next door. It casts like a dream, and I can also pitch with it really well.
Thank you.
P.S. I live on Sandmound Slough, and it is blowing seriously today, or I'd be out putting the rod through it's paces right now.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Tatula Web Continues to Grow : E-Glass Cranking Stic

Post by Cal » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:25 pm

mark poulson wrote: P.S. I live on Sandmound Slough, and it is blowing seriously today, or I'd be out putting the rod through it's paces right now.
You're welcome Mark... and we just missed each other. We launched out of Orwood yesterday and headed up to Franks at one point after noon, but it was blowing too hard so we turned around and headed back south. Thought about venturing into Sandmound but didn't want the rough ride back to the launch. ;)