Aaron's New Edge with Enigma Fishing

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:20 am

Introduction: Aaron Martens's switch from Megabass to Enigma Fishing was the sponsor change heard 'round the bass fishing world last year and for a while, it was a mystery as to just who, what, why, how, where, and when this new company sprung. Naturally everyone questioned how he could make such a switch from a company with whom he'd won 2 previous Angler of the Year awards. Well, he answered that by winning yet another in 2015! Here now is our first look at his new Edge - the EAM610-DS-ML-S spinning rod by Enigma Fishing.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewenigmaspinning.html

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Aaron's New Edge with Enigma Fishing

Post by Pen3 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:38 pm

I don't get it.
If there's a downside to this stick it's in its sensitivity. I had a very hard time distinguishing hard bottom from soft and with the bites I did get, the fish had to really commit for me to feel anything.
And the rod still gets 5/5 for Dragging and 4/5 for Jigging :-k

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:22 am

Pen3 wrote:I don't get it.
If there's a downside to this stick it's in its sensitivity. I had a very hard time distinguishing hard bottom from soft and with the bites I did get, the fish had to really commit for me to feel anything.
And the rod still gets 5/5 for Dragging and 4/5 for Jigging :-k
Maybe it was because he was using mono :?:

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:38 am

I can still feel bottom structure almost as good with my mono compared to some flouro. You're just implying that mono on a NRX will feel dead just as a fiberglass rod.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:41 am

Pen3 wrote:I can still feel bottom structure almost as good with my mono compared to some flouro. You're just implying that mono on a NRX will feel dead just as a fiberglass rod.
I'm not implying anything, I'm speculating

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:38 am

do the rods still say "cast. catch. repeat." on them? the review didn't say anything about that nor was it shown in the pics.

i'm not sure i understand the decision to use mono for the review...that seems like it would put the rod's perceived sensitivity behind the eight ball from the very beginning, even if it's just a mental thing.
Last edited by 21farms on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gideon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Gideon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:34 am

I have this rod. It's not the mono. Sorry to say when I fished with mono and with fluro the difference wasn't all that noticeable. I could detect bites but it wasn't nearly as sensitive as many other rods. Like the review I do find it to be a tough rod, I never feel like the tip is going to snap even when pulling hard.

I personally do like the styling even though a lot of people I've gone fishing with have the opposite opinion. At least it looks different.