The Fun and Stylish TDS 701MXHB from Daiwa

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun May 31, 2015 12:53 am

Introduction: The $100 price point for bass fishing rods has been a hotly contested market in the last couple of years. Manufacturers have been doing their best to deliver good performance in a rod series while keeping the price point as close to $100 as possible. We've seen plenty $119.99, $129.95, etc. introductions, but not many manufacturers seem to be able and crack that $100 threshold to offer a relevant rod series that is under that ceiling. At ICAST 2014, Daiwa stepped up to the plate with their refresh of the Team Daiwa S lineup. Are these sticks worthy of consideration? Let's find out.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewdaiwatds701mhxb.html

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: The Fun and Stylish TDS 701MXHB from Daiwa

Post by Montanaro » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Excellent article and I agree spot on. I have the 7'4" heavy and it's lighter than my 7'3" 13 Envy! However the blank is thick and it is tip heavy but my tatula hd helps balance.

Something with the rod just doesn't sit right with me. I've hauled numerous fish from heavy cover but it feels awkward at times. Perhaps it's the Reel seat as it's bare bones to reduce weight or its the large guides. It can also feel "dead" even with braid.

For sub 100 dollars it's a fishable rod, but for 10 or 20 more dollars you can get better (and I am considering it). I actually prefer the team daiwa t rod over this.