Beyond Spybaiting: DUO Realis Jerkbait 100SP

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Fishingelbow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Beyond Spybaiting: DUO Realis Jerkbait 100SP

Post by Fishingelbow » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 am

Wolbugger, could you please specify what the water temperature was when you compared the suspending abilities of the DUO vs Megabass vs Luck-E-Strike? Since most suspending lures will rise, suspend or sink depending on the water's temperature, I think an evaluation should always include said temperature to be valid. Not naming names, but a rather popular suspending lure I use will rise merrily to the surface in spring, when the water temperature is in the low 50's but sink by the time August rolls around. It only "suspends" perfectly around 70 degrees. :-k

Wolbugger
Angler
Angler

Re: Beyond Spybaiting: DUO Realis Jerkbait 100SP

Post by Wolbugger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Fishingelbow wrote:Wolbugger, could you please specify what the water temperature was when you compared the suspending abilities of the DUO vs Megabass vs Luck-E-Strike? Since most suspending lures will rise, suspend or sink depending on the water's temperature, I think an evaluation should always include said temperature to be valid. Not naming names, but a rather popular suspending lure I use will rise merrily to the surface in spring, when the water temperature is in the low 50's but sink by the time August rolls around. It only "suspends" perfectly around 70 degrees. :-k

I don't have an exact number but it should have been in the low 70's...just a guesstimate.

-Wolbugger

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:45 am

fishing (testing a jerkbait in water temps in the 70s???) ](*,)

Infidel
Angler
Angler

Post by Infidel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:56 am

I personally do not have an issue with testing a jerkbait in warm water. If others only want to throw them when the water is cold... that is their loss. Unless I am just misreading a comment and that person is jealous of the warm water :-)

Overall I liked the review aside from this statement.
The DUO rose to the top the quickest, followed by the Vision 110 and the RC STX. Yep, the cheapest bait suspended the best!
Where I take issue is the number of people that continue to complain that a Vision 110 rises! The original 110 is not intended to be a suspending bait. It just comes across as ignorant when people consider that fact a negative and are upset that $25 was spent on a bait that doesn't suspend.

Perhaps I am wrong and you were using one of the later suspending models but if so it would be nice if it was clarified in the review. I also second the opinion that it would be nice to have the water temp included when evaluating that feature. :)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Different factory spec JBs suspend or rise at different rates, or not at all, depending on water temp...

Wolbugger
Angler
Angler

Post by Wolbugger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07 am

Since I made the error of not taking water temp into consideration, that paragraph was removed to eliminate any further confusion. Everyone has an "oops" moment from time to time :doh:

-Wolbugger

Fishingelbow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishingelbow » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:34 am

Wolbugger wrote:Since I made the error of not taking water temp into consideration, that paragraph was removed to eliminate any further confusion. Everyone has an "oops" moment from time to time :doh:

-Wolbugger
There goes any hope you might have had of a career in politics! :lol:

><(((°>

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 pm

You may want to take line brand, size and type into the equation if you're talking suspending baits as well.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Johnny A wrote:You may want to take line brand, size and type into the equation if you're talking suspending baits as well.
Yeppers