Coming full Circle over a Decade, the Stradic is Back

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am

Introduction: Exactly ten years ago, to the day, we took a look at the Shimano Stradic FG series of reels which featured striking white paint, and though I was not initially sold on the finish the reel’s performance won me over and it became the first a spinning reel to ever take home a TT Editor’s Choice Award. Subsequent Stradic reels upped the level of performance by integrating features that trickled down from the Stella and Sustain reels but the Stradic series seemed to get lost in the lineup over time, eventually losing both the white finish and the very identity and positioning of the product.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewshimanostradicfj.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Coming full Circle over a Decade, the Stradic is Back

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:07 am

=D> =D>

I love me a white Stradic. I think I might actually have to get a spinning combo just to put a white Stradic on. :big grin:

justgopen
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by justgopen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am

Great read, I have always liked the white Stradic and I'm glad its back, and not just some painted version of the previous reel but a new platform. The only thing I wish Shimano did was keep the price closer to the 159 dollar mark. I'm liking my CI4 but I'll definietly pick up one of these for a workhorse spinning reel.

Nytron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Nytron » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Good review. Disappointing that it doesn't come with an extra spool, but then again x-ship makes up for that. I love the handle on the 1000 model, might have to get that reel for a thin braid setup.

Shimano nailed it with this reel, I'd probably take this reel over any pure fishing or daiwa offering besides their highest end models.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:36 am

Stradic: one of the best inshore workhorse reels ever, period.

Susitnasalmonguide
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Susitnasalmonguide » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Tackle Tour Review Makes Another Sale

After reading your review on the new Shimano Stradic FG, I went out and spent enough money to purchase both a size 4000 and a size 5000. Looking at the reels and the specifications -- it seems like the main difference between these two reels are: 4000 has a smaller capacity spool and smaller handle design. 5000 has a much larger egg-shaped handle grip providing a larger surface to hold with the palm of one's hand. I think I will like the larger diameter / capacity spool of the 5000 better -- but I already know I prefer the handle from the 4000 size reel. Wish I had a good opportunity to fish for some decent sized fish in some open water -- but in my part of Alaska I'll need to wait until late until mid-May for that opportunity. Thanks for another great report on a quality spinning reel that also provides significant bang for the buck!

SusitnaSsalmonGuide
Quantum, HL Outdoors - ESB Bobbers, Pautzke Bait Company, Sufix