Imperfect Perfection : Shimano's Conquest 50/51 DC

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Introduction: Here at TackleTour, we do our best to cover the latest and greatest in fishing tackle. If it is pertinent, we are likely fishing it enroute to a full blown review. Certainly there are items that slip under the dock or fall to the bottom of our tackle box simply due to sheer volume of product that we see each and every year. Case in point? Quite often we’ll have a product ready to write up, but we need one little bit of information and when we don’t get it in a timely fashion, we lose momentum and the product is lost out of sight and out of mind until something at a later point in time reminds us to bring that item back up to the front of the line.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewconquest51.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Imperfect Perfection : Shimano's Conquest 50/51 DC

Post by Smalleyez » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 am

Ah, I love the smell of a fresh review in the morning! :)
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:36 am

Great article. =D> Certainly would like to see a Calcutta 50 DC appear on the U.S. shores @ a $650 price point and a U.S. warranty =P~
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 am

Great review Cal. =D>

I agree with some of your thoughts on the DC4 system, but after using it for the last couple years I have to say that I love it in my Metanium DC7s. I have found that with fluoro the I-W or I-A setting is better, especially when you get the cast control knob in the right place, which is usually looser than normal for me. I have had no issues with braid, but I have only tried 50-65#. I actually prefer this DC system in some ways to my calais DCs and calcutta DCs in that it is so simple and doesn't require opening the reel. I have gone for days on end without ever thinking about the settings. And to be able to switch to a new setting with one click is slick. That being said I hope to try the DC+ system, as it seems even more simple to use, and isn't that what a fishing reel should be really?

I don't think I-DC4 perfect, but it is pretty damn close, and any braking system that allows me to concentrate on fishing rather than casting is the right one for me ;)
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

gorilla style
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gorilla style » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 am

I wonder why this wasnt included in the WTF trials? :-k