What the Finesse ?!? : Daiwa's PX68/68L

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Introduction: If there is one fishing reel that personifies the diehard, TT Enthusiast, it is the Japanese market only, Daiwa Pixy. Since 2004 when we first wrote about this fabulous little finesse baitcaster from Daiwa Japan, the Pixy has been the subject of, or shared bi-lines with other reels in at least five separate articles. We’ve reviewed it solo, compared the Airy to the '04 Limited Yellow, sized it up against the Presso, and showed you our interpretation of the superttuned Pixzilla. Last year, we took a look inside the 2010 version of this reel, the PX68, but before we could bring you a comprehensive performance review, Daiwa Japan released yet another version, the PX68 SPR, earlier this year! It’s enough to makes us exclaim, “What the Finesse?!?” What is it about the Pixy that has Tackle Enthusiasts all over TT under such a spell? Well, we finally take a closer look at the PX68 to see if this pre-tuned Pixy carries forward, the magic of the original.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewdaiwapx68.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What the Finesse ?!? : Daiwa's PX68/68L

Post by mhood » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:58 am

I'll run with my Pixzillas for now, but I'd sure like to get a couple of sets of those gears. ;)
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 am

I'm very sure that a even better reel is about to cross the ocean and land in the US. :-$
I mean better because it will be for sure less expensive, lighter, have all the clicks, be as fast as this one, remaining a Daiwa reel and will have warranty. What else... :big grin: maybe it comes already with a bearing in the line guide.

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Cal,

Regarding the line capacity, do you have any idea on how many yards of Sufix 832 10# were needed to fill the spool? I have been using both the PX68 and original Pixy with 8# flouro and have never run into problems with line capcity, of course I have not put the reel on an 8 foot rod with a 1 ounce bait :lol:

Mundo

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:I'm very sure that a even better reel is about to cross the ocean and land in the US. :-$
I mean better because it will be for sure less expensive, lighter, have all the clicks, be as fast as this one, remaining a Daiwa reel and will have warranty. What else... :big grin: maybe it comes already with a bearing in the line guide.
The US pixy will not be less than 440$.. ;)
Px68 is a fine reel!
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Reeltor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Reeltor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:26 am

I am happy to see Daiwa went with a brass main gear. :D

vszero
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vszero » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 am

well i noitced that you put 440 for pixy, i paid 423 dollars with 18 dollars for shipping
females are more confusing than bass fishing