Shimano Stella!!!! ... Wait Again? WT-FE?

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun May 29, 2011 2:43 am

Introduction: To say Team TackleTour was a little surprised to see a brand new Stella spinning reel from the folks at Shimano during ICAST 2010 would be a slight understatement. Afterall, we remember it like yesterday, when the acrobatic performers were twirling down the huge, SHIMANO sign at ICAST as a theatrical demonstration to the Paladin gearing system in the new Stella FD. That was actually 2007, only three short years ago, so it almost was like yesterday. What was so wrong in the Stella FD that needed refinement just a few brief years after its introduction? I guess we'll never know because none of us here at TackleTour ever got around to purchasing one. What we did manage to get, and of course, the subject of today's review is a brand spanking new Stella FE 3000.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewstella3000fe.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

JerryFeng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Shimano Stella!!!! ... Wait Again? WT-FE?

Post by JerryFeng » Sun May 29, 2011 5:12 am

I have been waiting for this review for a long time :D Great review,Cal!

I just love my 2010 Stella C3000HG. It has been on duty for about 1 year on the Susquehanna river, paired with F3-610DGS Huge Contact, works flawlessly for my little brown friends on the river :) Its high gear works just perfectly to keep up with the fish when they are charging toward the boat in the current. Sometimes I do observe a little twist esp when using 1/16oz wacky jigs (I use 8lb Seaguar InvizX most of time).
Delightful Fishing Life!

DaiwaFreak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DaiwaFreak » Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Finally a review on the Stella! Great read, as if the performance was only a 9? I have a C3000 and it is really the best spinning reel ever, miles ahead of the FD or any other Shimano or Daiwa reel I have used. Why are you guys so surprised that a new stella has arrived? Stella FA 2001, Stella FB 2004, Stella FD 2007, Stella FE 2010, and I am pretty sure in japan, the model released before the FA was released in 1998. Every 3 years they are refreshing their flagship reel. About the line twist, I have never run mono or fluoro on my C3000, but its trouble free with the PE braid. I guess line twist with mono or fluoro lines on spin reels is just unavoidable.

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I have the C2000S and would have to agree that the performance is a clear 10 in my book. Such a joy to use and casts like a champion with braid. I haven't used anything but braid for years (with mono or fluoro leaders), so line twist is not an issue for me either.