Going Tactical with Numa’s Durable X-Frame Optics

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 am

Introduction: Numa Sport Optics is probably best known for their optics designed for extreme sports. The company’s offerings focus on delivering high performing lightweight sunglasses that are also extremely durable. The popular X-Frame model features an interchangeable lens design and is endorsed by adventure racers, tri athletes, and even numerous members of the US Special Forces. We put the X-Frame through the paces to see just how good these sunglasses are for some “tactical” bassing.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewnumaxframe.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Going Tactical with Numa’s Durable X-Frame Optics

Post by hobobob » Thu May 26, 2011 8:04 am

Nice review. I have been looking for a pair shades with exchangeable lenses.

How does the high contrast mandarin orange perform during low light period like heavy clouds, dust and dawn? I usually go for high contrast yellow or no glasses at all during those periods. I am kinda suprise that the manufacture didn't include a pair of yellow lenses.

The second question would be for the smoke lenses? how does it perform in sunny days in comparing to copper, rose, or mossy tinted lenses. I am mainly concern about on the water performance, ex spotting stuff like weedline, cover and potential fish through water.

mattg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by mattg » Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 am

I will try to anser youi're questions. High contrast Yellow is hard on the eyes for extended use. so we developed the Mandrose to combat that issue. It is a soothing color contrast and really makes everything stand out. They perform great and can be worn for really extended periods with ease. They truly are an awesome low light lens.

The gray base performs as well and our lenses are what we call "Optically Perfect" meaning no matter where you look out of the lens there is no distortion. We have several different models available now and have some new models in production that will be unveiled at I Cast in July.

Our lenses are Policarbonite lenses and therefore some think that they are not as clear as Ground Glass. But you pay for GLASS and glass shatters. Our goal is to provide protection to you're eyes and a product that won't break. I know Guys and Gals are tired of paying $200-$300 for a pair of glasses that the frames break on so we provide a solution to that. We stand behind our product and look forward to serving our customers for life.

We are in the process of working side by side with Jordan Outdoor int. (Realtree camo and Outdoors) and are the first high end Sunglass company to do that. If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me and I will do my very best to help you out. Thanks

Matt
matt@numaoptics.com

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by hobobob » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 am

Thank you for your reply Matt. Much appreciated.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 am

Is the Mandarin polarized or no?
Anyone retail these or buying direct the best way to go?
Set hard and set often

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 pm

BucketHunter wrote:Is the Mandarin polarized or no?
Anyone retail these or buying direct the best way to go?
Read the review again and answered my own questions. Ordered online from extreme oufitters for $10 less than list, and used a coupon for %10 off purchase. A great purchase for under $100.
Can't wait to get them, bass season is still a few weeks away here, but been tiding myself over on the private pond until then.
Set hard and set often

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Great Glasses!
I have actually tried to break them, you can't. The lense may pop out, but thats it, man are they durable. Great clarity, nice thick plastic for lenses.
Really comfy, i thought they would be super light, but i guess when you are comparing to cheap glasses anything that is actually substantial will probably weigh more.
Set hard and set often