TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yuki Ito's Take on Daiwa's Flagship : The IS73

Post by Cal »

Yuki Ito's Take on Daiwa's Flagship : The IS73

Introduction:
It's been over two years since we reviewed a Yuki Ito tuned fishing reel. Our last journey into the Ito Engineering Reel Division was with the Ito Monoblock 100XR/XR-L. Since the introduction of that reel, there has been a shift in the Ito Engineering landscape. Once reliant upon Daiwa as an OEM source, Yuki Ito now has a stake in the Daiwa Corporation and is active in their R&D department. This new found partnership is quite apparent with the plethora of Megabass branded reels based off of popular Daiwa models in the market today and while not all of these reels may seem worthwhile, especially given the current exchange rate, one reel remains somewhat intriguing.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewmegabassis73.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"
Ginson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Yuki Ito's Take on Daiwa's Flagship : The IS73

Post by Ginson »

Hi Cal,

i think there's an error in this article about the reel's line capacity, somehow i think it got mixed up with some rod spec as it shown there IM10 graphite
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal »

lol.. thanks i'll take a look
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"
mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo »

Also do not forget the Heavy handle lenght :lol:

Great review, Altough I was expecting some performance difference with the stock Steez, I guess it is hard to make a significant step forward in an already tuned reel that has been around for a long time.
The IS73 will then belong in a display case, I can not see a justification for the price (exchange rate), I guess this reel will only be purchased by those lucky individuals who do not need to ask about the price tag.

Mundo
africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass »

Compared the ito spool and the 100 spool side by side,their inductors differ :-k
The inductor wall of the ito spool is noticeably thinner than the 100 Steez spool (ito spool BLACK/100 spool RED)
In my hands the ito and 100 perform about the same,no real casting differences.At present I have only used heavier baits on these setups for this comparative test.Would the ito's inductor tuning perhaps help with lighter presentations?
Attachments
is73spool2.jpg
is73spool2.jpg (35.18 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
is73spool1.jpg
is73spool1.jpg (35.11 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
Happiness is a sore thumb