iRod Leans into the Power of the Sea with the SWC794C-H Poe's Mag Stick

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:20 am

Introduction: Matt Newman doesn't make baits, but he does own a fishing rod company. An avid big bait fisherman, when he caught wind of our 2021 Rat Rumble, he wanted in on the action and immediately sent us a new, somewhat under the radar stick dedicated iRod fans have been buying as they gear up for throwing big baits. Why is it under the radar? Because it's a stick saltwater angler Toai Garcia designed with Newman for the pursuit of spotted bay bass in Southern California. Presenting iRod's Kaimana Coastal Series SWC794C-H Poe's Mag Stick.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewirodkai ... 794ch.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: iRod Leans into the Power of the Sea with the SWC794C-H Poe's Mag Stick

Post by dragon1 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:00 pm

Excellent read and write up...this rod will be en route to serve as a multi purpose light swimbait rod for 1-3 oz baits.

Thanks Cal!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:39 am

dragon1 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:00 pm
Excellent read and write up...this rod will be en route to serve as a multi purpose light swimbait rod for 1-3 oz baits.

Thanks Cal!
Two years later? I'm surprised it's still available :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:45 am

Cal wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:39 am
dragon1 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:00 pm

Thanks Cal!
Two years later? I'm surprised it's still available :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha...for sure. I have gone through a few sticks the last couple of years trying to find a 1-3 oz all purpose power moving bait rod for the way I like to fish. Most of the rods I have picked up have just been too stiff and had too fast a taper to properly set and keep 1/0 trebles pinned, even with mono/co-poly.

I'm hoping this one will fit the bill better, as preliminary feedback from some the Cali guys that chase calico bass and Delta bass and stripers indicates it is a great rod for multiple heavy+ power applications...and the taper os forgiving enough with smaller swimbait/wakebait trebles.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."