Shimano Continues Their Roll : Chronarch CI4+

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal »

Introduction: Carbon framed reels are the next big thing. We've already seen a handful of carbon framed spinning reels produced, but now low profile baitcasting reels are being made from this same material. Manufacturers can match or even better the weight of these reels compared to magnesium counterparts and bring them in for a lower price. The Daiwa T3 Ballistic was my first carbon fiber baitcasting reel and I didn't like how it felt, so when Shimano took aim at one of my favorite platforms, the Chronarch, with this material, I was dubious to say the least. Here now is our look at Shimano's new, Chronarch CI4+.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewchronarchci4plus.html
H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Continues Their Roll : Chronarch CI4+

Post by H8R »

I love my Ci4+'s they're very overlooked! Great reels!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 »

Excellent review Cal. This reel just flat out performs. Been fishing my Hg very hard inshore catching huge redfish and it still feels like new after all the punishment. Been using these more than my Metaniums I like them so much. The light weight while still having brass gears is awesome. Try one on a NRX 842, perfect match =D>
joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz »

I am glad the Chronarch has a non clicking brake knob because I feel like I can make micro adjustments. One thing I noticed though was the knob turned too easy so I removed the knob and put a little plumbers thread sealant tape on the threads. Now the knob stays in place much better.
Last edited by joekaz on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 »

I love these reels. I've got 3 of them and I've love to upgrade a few more to them.
metanium
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by metanium »

I own one in each of the 2 gear ratios and think these are definitely my current favorites. These replace 2 of the Curado I's, which performed nearly the same, but were just too heavy for my liking.

One quick question Cal. The photo on Page 2 or your review, showing the main gear stating"Micro-gears are not touted as a feature on his reel, but we thought we'd take a closer look anyway." So, does this mean the Chronarch CI4+ does utilize Micro gears? I know the teeth look smaller than what I've seen in previous models.
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal »

metanium wrote:One quick question Cal. The photo on Page 2 or your review, showing the main gear stating"Micro-gears are not touted as a feature on his reel, but we thought we'd take a closer look anyway." So, does this mean the Chronarch CI4+ does utilize Micro gears? I know the teeth look smaller than what I've seen in previous models.
Sure looked like it to me, but I didn't open up the Antares to compare. Whatever the case may be officially, the teeth are smaller than usual.
DanfromMD
Angler
Angler

Post by DanfromMD »

Ive been saying it for some time, my favorite reel and I have the Met and the Curado I. Magical feeling, incredible casting. Go TT.
lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 »

Great review Cal!

I prefer my CI4+ over my met for many techniques. And as much as yu have said the SVS infinity system on the chronarch CI4+ is one of the more basic versions, it is by far my favourite. I love the large clicking dial over the non clicking smaller dials on the Cirado I as well as Metanium.

Shimano really upped their game with these new reels!