Goin' for a Walk with the Jackall Iobee Frog

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal »

Introduction: Go ask a hundred bass anglers if they like frog fishing, and you'll likely get a hundred exuberant answers of “YES.” Frog fishing is unquestionably one of the most fun and exciting ways to catch bass. While it's not normally a technique that works all year on many bodies of water, when the time is right it can be an incredibly effective way to catch quality fish. Despite the popularity of hollow-body frogs, a lot of anglers get frustrated with them at times because they can be difficult to walk. It takes different tackle and a much different cadence to master one of these baits compared to, say, a Zara Spook. Jackall's Iobee frog is made to ease this burden a bit, as it's designed for effortless walking action. So, will the Iobee indeed walk, or flop?

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewjackalliobee.html
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Goin' for a Walk with the Jackall Iobee Frog

Post by Teal101 »

One of my new favorite frogs. Excellent hookup ratio without having to touch the hooks with a set of pliers. Doesnt take on water as bad as my Koppers. I havent had any issues with the hooks causing me to hang up in trees and brush, but they do collect a bit of scum from time to time. It does sit VERY low in the water, can be kind of hard to see at a distance. I love the Bluegill color.
Tavery5
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tavery5 »

Great review, spot on as far as I am concerned. I have been using these frogs for a couple of years now, and have been satisfied with them so much that outside of a few varieties of the SPRO frog, I carry nothing else. If you are looking for the easiest frog to walk, this is it.
I have had my best luck on the brown color.
QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE »

I like this frog as it does walk very easily but the one I have has a tendency to land upside down :? .
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 »

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:I like this frog as it does walk very easily but the one I have has a tendency to land upside down :? .
Weird, I've never had this issue.

I will say it is very difficult to skip, the soft body wants to hook itself all the time.