The Best of Both Worlds – The Shimano/Jackall Poison Adrena

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Best of Both Worlds – The Shimano/Jackall Poison Adrena

Post by Cal »

The Best of Both Worlds – The Shimano/Jackall Poison Adrena Rods

Introduction: When Shimano acquired Jackall not all that long ago many wondered just what this meant for both organizations in terms of product design and distribution. For the most part Jackall offerings have continued to chug along nicely but few could have predicted that the company would integrate some of their design capabilities so quickly. Combining not only the design philosophies but the technologies available in their arsenal both Shimano and Jackall designers collaborated to bring the new Poison Adrena rods to life.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewadrenarod.html
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: The Best of Both Worlds – The Shimano/Jackall Poison Adr

Post by IlliniDawg01 »

Very nice rod. Wayyyy out of my price range, but I love the rear handle design. Might have been sweet if the rear handle was removable and different length and weight options could be purchased to tweak balance point and comfort for different personal preferences.

DaveJ
Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain »

Awesome review, but why only a 3 pitch rating? The article doesn't mention anything about zander pitching with it?
lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 »

Nice write up!

I was hoping that the review was on one of the 2 piece variants though. Any change you will do a review of comparing the 1 piece to the two piece? I am just wondering how the 2 piece design will affect things like balance and sensitivity. It seems like a well thought out design, but I am just curious.

Adam
IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY »

Thanks for the write up, but the score in the front page and back page doesn't match xD.
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits »

sic makes guides now? Who knew? :D
two handed casting is certainly possible
Geez I would hope so :lol:
Looking at that tiny grip and super short handle... I couldnt imagine buying this rod for crankbaits. But it does look like it was tailor made for jerkbaits/ripbaits.

Not sure what to make of this rod review...
No sensitivity catagory, no mention of distance, no mention of how light it'll go, no mention of what lures were tested, or how it handled them, no handle & grip length, no mention of balance/balancing point, no mention of pitching ability, no rod wrack measurements, how it compares to other rods, No mention of what kind of guides(stainless? Titanium? Are they micro? Semi micro? What guide train?) etc etc.

For shimano's new North American flagship rod... There's not much to this review.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 »

spookybaits wrote:sic makes guides now? Who knew? :D
two handed casting is certainly possible
Geez I would hope so :lol:
Looking at that tiny grip and super short handle... I couldnt imagine buying this rod for crankbaits. But it does look like it was tailor made for jerkbaits/ripbaits.

Not sure what to make of this rod review...
No sensitivity catagory, no mention of distance, no mention of how light it'll go, no mention of what lures were tested, or how it handled them, no handle & grip length, no mention of balance/balancing point, no mention of pitching ability, no rod wrack measurements, how it compares to other rods, No mention of what kind of guides(stainless? Titanium? Are they micro? Semi micro? What guide train?) etc etc.

For shimano's new North American flagship rod... There's not much to this review.
I agree. Trying to decide between the 6'6" M, 6'6" ML and the 6'10" M for jerkbaits and flukes and this review didn't give much description of performance. Was definitely looking for the rod wrack measurements and something to compare to. Review really makes me want to try one though.