Go Pro shopping

takrat 67
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Go Pro shopping

Post by takrat 67 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm looking at buying one of these cameras pretty soon and I'm just deciding between the solver and the black. It has nothing to do with matching my boat or anything by the way. Is the black Go Pro significantly better than the silver, I mean enough for the extra $. I'm not interested in linking it up to my phone or any of that. I just want to get good clear footage and photo's.
JD

under cover
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Go Pro shopping

Post by under cover » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 pm

for one the remote is nice you get with the black and is $79.00 separate...but there is way more settings options on the black, much more versatile...look at the specs on gopro site and look at all the different settings the black has vs the silver...

the black on narrow & medium FOV has much higher resolution & fps options that will maintain quality as one would like/expect...where the silver just has 1080p x 30fps on narrow or medium which looks like a crappy camera phone quality...so your really only going to have wide FOV for quality resolution on the silver which makes things seem far away/adds alot of depth and more fish eye effect...

so far to get vids with a more normal viewing aspect, i like the narrow & medium settings on the black, 720p x 120fps or 1080p x 60fps...otherwise the wide, its like the mirrors on a car that say "objects are closer than they appear", just too much depth for me with the 170 degree FOV wide settings...

if your going to do it, spend the extra and get the black ;)

i'm recently returned a silver for the black so i don't have a ton of time using it yet but i'm glad i did upgrade, it was the right choice for me...

heres a youtube vid example of starting with narrow, medium & then wide with the black...as you can see things get more distant & fish eye'd as you progress to wide...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4owTGJ ... r_embedded

takrat 67
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by takrat 67 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 am

Thanks for that, you've convinced me to go with the black. Learning to fly it will be next.
JD ](*,)

Lexy 123
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lexy 123 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:16 am

GoPro is definitely on my shopping list for this X-Mas.
Anyone know where they have it on sale (ie, black Friday)?

Heatstreak
Angler
Angler

Post by Heatstreak » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:25 am

Check out the Contour camera too. It's a bit more streamline than the GoPro but less features.

I've tried both on my motorcycle helmet and the Contour has way less drag.