Decent camera need some help

Tm Customs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Decent camera need some help

Post by Tm Customs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Hey guys I have a few GoPro's these days for filming, but with the lack of zoom and not really being a good hand held camera they arent really going to work out for some stuff. Im looking for a moderatley price hand held camera that has a good zoom that I can film frog and other top water fishing with to zoom in on the lure for strike action. Any suggestions?

takrat 67
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Decent camera need some help

Post by takrat 67 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Firstly if you get anything other than an SLR you'll be wasting your money. Good fishing photographs need a high speed capability and the ability to see exactly what you are shooting. That's pretty tough with the "point and shoot" style. I'd stick with either Nikon or Canon, they have all the various models to get the deal you want and their optics and sensors are first class. You need to have a good burst feature that allows you to leave your finger on the shutter button with the control set on "continuous". The auto focus on these cameras is fast enough to cope with that as well. Don't get too hung up on meg pixels either. You really don't need more than 10 or 12.
John

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Decent camera need some help

Post by lpquick » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Leica V Lux 4 will not disappoint.