Video Cameras for boats/fishing

1600tf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Video Cameras for boats/fishing

Post by 1600tf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm seeing alot of nice videos of people with camera setups to capture video while boating/fishing. Curious to know what others are using and what has worked best for them. I see alot of fish eye lense videos in HD and the quality is great. Are these go-pro camera's typically the ones everyone is using?

Is the video quality dependent on the camera capturing the footage or the editing software they are using?

If you want, list your camera and what you use to setup on the boat and any links to your videos would be great so i can see what to expect with your setup.

I hope to have some fun this year and capture some nice videos.

1600tf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Video Cameras for boats/fishing

Post by 1600tf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Shoot , this probably should've went into the camera section. please move it if so, sorry.

ptorlax18
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ptorlax18 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

vids are probably done by gopros they are pretty cheap and take excellent vids

Seph
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Seph » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm

I have been drooling for a Go Pro for a year and a half. I think I will finaly buy one when me tax money comes.

They just came out with the go pro hd hero 2 4th quarter 2011. And in february they released a WiFi controller for it. It can also be used to stream video wirelessly. For the money nothing I have seen comes close.
These cameras ROCK...only negative is when sealed up for waterproof the audio is sub par. Amazing accessory support on these too.