Ulterra i-pilot link FOB

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Ulterra i-pilot link FOB

Post by Dexter » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:01 pm

After 2 shoulder surgeries and an ankle fusion, I bought an ULTERRA (2018). Deal closer was the I-pilot link FOB. I could operate the trolling motor from any where on or off the boat. System worked great until this year. I was set to go out for the first time. On a check out before launching, found the FOB was dead. Plugged FOB in to charge and nothing. Bought a new battery & charger cable(was recommended) and still nothing. OK…now the rub: Called Minn Kota tech support and asked for assistance. Tech support said FOB was over 2 years old and out of warranty. Further he stated that “We throw them away and send you a new one, but since yours is over 2 years old, you’ll have to buy a replacement ($350+). I found this a bit unsettling. I called customer service, explained my situation and said “It’s fisherman like me who buy YOUR product. Customer service responded with a terse, “ Out of warranty, nothing we can do.”. My apologies for venting.
Any suggestions on resurrecting the FOB….other than buying replacement? FOB has never been dunked, dropped, or abused. I hate to throw in the towel, especially after what I paid for the system. I just expect more from Minn Kota.

Thank for your thoughts and time.

John (Dexter)

Dexter
    Elite Angler
    Elite Angler

Re: Ulterra i-pilot link FOB

Post by Dexter » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:52 am

Any input???