Japanese electronics

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Japanese electronics

Post by legendaryyaj » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:42 pm

With all the emphasis on tackle, what's up with the JDM electronics? Does anyone know what technology they have over there and what they use? From the various videos I've seen, I haven't seen much and most of their units look to be totally different than what we have. I don't normally see Humminbirds or Lowrance units on their boats at all.

Is anyone else paying attention to this kind of stuff? As much as I like tackle, I also like the electronics part of it as well and how far we've come along.

This is probably the first video I've seen with what looks like a regular Humminbird unit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9lpf7eNjBk Now I'm not saying Ive seen them all but the majority that I have seen, they have totally different units. Would be interesting to compare.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Japanese electronics

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:49 am

ive noticed the same thing with the DUO videos, but lets be honest they are all fishing the SAME community holes on lake Biwa and prob dont need structure scan or HDS12s.. They all seem to use down sonar with fish alert(at least in the DUO videos)

Eclipse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Eclipse » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 pm

They are mainly using Hondex (Honda Electronics). http://www.honda-el.co.jp/en/marine/

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bpettus2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Lake Biwa bucket list item for sure when I go over there and your right it’s over populated no hole is a secret there

abbor
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by abbor » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Furuno is the big Japanese marine electronics company, but they focus more on deeper salt water applications and larger boats.

Furuno and Koden (sold under the Si-Tex brand in US) are the only companies with fishfinders which can compare with the brands we are used to. But the Japanese don't have technology similar to StructureScan.