hydrowave like or waste

shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

hydrowave like or waste

Post by shimanogloomis man » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone can comment on the hydrowave do you like it? does it work? or waste of money :-k
Shimano and Gloomis just kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc 225

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: hydrowave like or waste

Post by jeb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 am

I've had one on my boat for a couple of weeks now, but probably only used it on 2 trips. Been spending most of my fishing time in my buddies new Phoenix! But I've not noticed any difference so far between when it's on and when it's off. They say it takes time to figure them out, so we will see. Not calling it a success or failure at this point.

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Resurrecting this thread-
There is one for cheap on a local Crglist - wondering if I should bite?

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:30 am

I remain unimpressed with mine. I've tried it in many conditions and on many settings here on our Ozark lakes. I have one "maybe it helped a little" situation and several "it shut the bite down" situations. Some guys report different results though, so hard to say if it'll work for your situation or not. But I personally cannot recommend it, FWIW.

jdfishing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jdfishing » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:24 am

I like it, to me it's just common sense. Take ledge fishing or smallie fishing whichever, we work so hard to fire up a school and once we catch one, they all start biting. They're competitive, highly competitive and they Hydrowave has got to stimulate that response. After all, the noises you hear and bass attacking and eating the baitfish.

In fact, I first became a believer after actually listening to the sounds. I used to own an aquarium company, basically I would setup fresh and saltwater aquariums for companies lobbies and maintain them. If you've ever fed a fish live bait you'll be amazed how well you can hear that on the outside of the aquarium, kinda sounds like they're eating potato chips. crunch, crunch.

These are some of the sounds incorporated with the Hydrowave.

I still am learning when and where and why, but I'm telling you when they a collide it makes life-chaninging days on the water. Plus, it doesn't hurt you, if it gives me one more bite a day, it'll pay for itself in no time.

JD