ranger on board charger question

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

ranger on board charger question

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:20 am

I recently bought a 1998 ranger 461vs and it still has the factory ranger on board 3 bank charger. I have never had a ranger with the factory on board charger so I don't know anything about it other than it's 5 amps per bank. The question I had is if it's the same as other on boards? For example I have a smaller aluminum boat we take to lakes with horsepower limits and it has a minn kota on board that is fully automatic and we plug it in and never unplug it unless we go fishing. If we don't use it for 2 months it's plugged in the whole time and never ever have any problems whatsoever. Can I do the same thing with the Ranger onboard? It has led status lights on it with a few red lights that light up and when it's done charging it lights up a green light that it's ready. I was hoping it's a fully automatic charger as well that I can just leave plugged in all the time and not hurt my batteries? Any help is appreciated.

basspoundermatt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ranger on board charger question

Post by basspoundermatt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Honestly I dont think they make an onboard charger without that auto shut off feature. But you could always call ranger to be sure, im sure they would know